homing problem for logitudinal axis with two motors

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
matin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

homing problem for logitudinal axis with two motors

Post by matin »

Could you please help me how do you square longitudinal axis with two motor driven each side .

I have two separate home switch each side for my X and A axis .

A is slaved to x axis .

when I hit the ref x button beside x dro both axis move toward the home switch and when it hits to x home switch it stopped and homed but A home switch do nothing .Both home inputs led worked when I triggered
by hand in diagnostic page

I checked home slaved with master axis in general config menu .
(ticked )

Also I have tested ,when I didnt check ( home slaved with master axis in general config) ,when they hit to home switch , wants to twist the cross axis and it was very dangerous .

Could you please tell me how do you home your axis ? Do you click ref x or ref all button.

I didnt check refcombination(9) yet . Because I think it is same with ref x button . because A is salve to x when I click ref x it moves also the A axis.

Is it possible , when we want to auto squaring , separately home X and
A at same time . (is it possible to cancel the slave function between A and X axis and after homing again slave it ? )

please help me how can I auto squaring. ?

thank you
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: homing problem for logitudinal axis with two motors

Post by beefy »

Hi Matin,

I've just been Googling about slaving because I have no idea about this yet. Mine is a single motor system.

However, one setting that is worth checking is the following:

In Config (menu) / General Config... / General Configeration (boxed area), is the check box labeled "Home Slave with Master Axis" checked. I think this is only checked when a slaved axis uses only one home switch, therefore it should NOT be checked if you have independant home switched for X and A. If this box is checked Mach only uses one home switch and the A axis simply does what the X axis is doing.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
matin
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by matin »

Dear keith ,

thank you very much for your answer.

I will check it and tell you .

matin
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by beefy »

Hi Matin,

another forum I use is Machsupport for any technical chat on Mach. The Googling I did primarilly gave links to chat on that forum.

Keith.
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”