guess I could show you my build....

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

guess I could show you my build....

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

Had plans to build my own from the ground up; after doing a lot of research, I found ShopSabre and saw how their tables were built...the same way I wanted to do mine...So, I decided to save the time, spend a few bucks more than it would take to build mine...and I ordered their gantry set up with a THC, mag break away, dual y drive, and, have a whole lot of tech support too boot. Running a Thermaldyne Cutmaster 81 and WinCNC with ShopSabre's controller. I have been lurking here for the past year trying to comit some of this info to my short term memory. Any input on our build would be appreciated. Nice site...and thanks for the idears.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Last edited by SCHIDTHEAD on Thu May 20, 2010 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: guess I could show you my build....

Post by plain ol Bill »

You are going to have an awful black shop in a hurry unless you have a way to control plasma dust.
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

Thanks for the input Bill the top pic is the water table frame...it should be done Monday.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
cutter1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by cutter1 »

Looks good can't wait to start building mine. Out of curiousity how much was the gantry? I just got my 3in1 from Avortec so now I can weld and cut parts for my frame.
Post some vid of it in action when you can.
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

You bet Cutter and thanx...The gantry was right at $8500 with shipping and I really do believe it was money well spent; I was very impressed when I received it and ShopSabre has been great to work with.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”