Practical CNC touch problem

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Rokitman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Practical CNC touch problem

Post by Rokitman »

I have a 5x10 foot Practical cnc Machine which is 5 or 6 years old and every thing works but I can not get the THC to work right. When I bought the Machine I thought every thing was in the box. I under stand the table is old and there out of Business. Does anyone have a manual that show you how to hook every thing up right. Like i side every thing work just can seem to get the THC to work right.

Patrick Waite

NY
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Practical CNC touch problem

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Sorry to tell you this Pat. PCNC's THC never worked even with the floating torch head like I have, my table was purchased in Nov. 2006 and THC never worked. It would be best to talk to Tom Caudle at http://www.candcnc.com he makes a conversion to get it to work. I just converted my entire PCNC table over to his hardware and mach 3 . So far every thing is working pretty well few tweeks left to work out. good luck.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

What plasma cutter are you using. If you're using a Thermal Dynamics, it won't work at all. Their THC had lots of issues even with Hypertherm units. I have one about the same year as yours. Good luck.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Rokitman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rokitman »

Hypertherm 1000 units its an older model. Then how come they recommend that you use the Hypertherm plasma cutter. well it will cut with out the THC but I really need it to work on this job im getting ready to cut. I really have not messed around with the plasma that much. I have been doing wood lately. but thing have been slow with cutting wood so I thought I would try useing the plasma again for the summer and really need it to work. Well thank for your help so far. I will have to get someone to help me out Josh from Precision Automated just got to me in a phone call. I guess I will have to see what they have to say.

Patrick NY
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

If it's the same Josh that worked there when it was Practical, he really knows his stuff. He helped me out alot. Too bad they charge now for support. Good luck with your problem.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

It is the same Josh, as a matter of fact every thing is the same. The only thing that's different is the name, that way they don't have uphold there warranty from the practical machines. The are selling the same machines as Precision AE and the TCH still doesn't work in a few years they will change there name again so they don't have to fix PAE machines either. I have been to there shop they are only 2 hours from me. They are in the same building and have the same employees working for them. This is why I ditched all of the hardware and software that came with my machine and switched to CandCNC equipment and mach 3. I now have a table that works like it is supposed to with a THC that actually works. Sorry, stepping off my soap box now. In short, ditch the PCNC THC and find one the does work.
Rokitman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rokitman »

Thank for your all input. Yes its to bad the name change. I think I ended up with one of there good Machine. Because the only thing I been fixing the most is the soft limit and trying to get the THC to work. Every thing els works good.

If I were going to buy a nother maching to just cut wood. Would some one tell me which one I should be looking at to buy.

Patrick Waite
NY

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”