Calibrating height control

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
sleepyweezle
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Calibrating height control

Post by sleepyweezle »

Hi I am having trouble with my torch crashing I have a dhc2 and I am not sure how to calibrate the hight control or arc shift can someone help me
Craig
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Calibrating height control

Post by Craig »

Sleepy, make sure that both ?Wait for signal before cutting? on the ?Machine Control? tab and ?Sense material to zero? and "Raise and lower between cuts" on the ?Height Control? of the ?Settings? window are checked. That?s if you have Advanced Design Edge and Advanced Height Control. If you don?t have "Advanced" then Omic sensing is not available and you will have to increase your Arc Voltage shift. You won?t find height control info in your plasma cutter manual it seems that the height control setting and in particular the Arc Voltage Shift, always vary from user to user. When changing the Arc Voltage Shift always do it in small increments. Craig Johnson
Craig Johnson
Dan-PlasmaCAM
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Calibrating height control

Post by Dan-PlasmaCAM »

Call the Tech line- (719) 676-2701 They are there to help you when you get stuck.

Depending on when you purchased your Machine you can also search. Arc Voltage Shift in the Video manual. You can also get a new one at any time if you wish.

All of the above applies if you are a new or used owner.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”