Need a stick figure

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Need a stick figure

Post by DARRYL21270 »

Just kidding but the requests for images lately is a little ridiculous. It doesn't take much effort to find things on your own. I bought my machine with the intent of learning how to use it, not so other people can do the work for me. Challenge yourself a little and it will feel much better knowing that YOU created something from nothing not the other way around. I'm not talking about complex designs here either, I get that people need help with those sometimes.
twk
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Need a stick figure

Post by twk »

Amen brother!!
Metal Arcs
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Metal Arcs »

I noticed it too but I think it's people who aren't as software familiar who are trying to get into it. If I have time and can offer up something, great, if not hopefully someone else will. But it does remind me of the "Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime" adage. Lets try and teach some of these guys how to fish, that is, if they are hungry enough to want to learn!
GoingCustom
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by GoingCustom »

I have asked for a few designs here and there on complex stuff... mainly because I am still learning Corel. But I do agree that a lot of designs that are being requested are simple enough that even as a new person, they should be able to figure it out. Or like me, before finding this site, actually spend the money to buy one of the design programs to be able to convert stuff and with time learn how to do the more complex designs.
Travis
http://www.goingcustom.com
one of a kind gates, fine art and CNC designs
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Here ya go i didn't want people to click this and not get a stick figure.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

GoingCustom

Post by GoingCustom »

wickedinhere wrote:Here ya go i didn't want people to click this and not get a stick figure.
It's not symmetrical, can you please fix that... I'm new :lol:
Travis
http://www.goingcustom.com
one of a kind gates, fine art and CNC designs
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

Hey if you want perfect you gotta pay up! LOL
enfofan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by enfofan »

why stick figures are extinct?
Last edited by admin on Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This post was edited to remove inappropriate material.
Misguided Creator
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Misguided Creator »

LMAO! Thank you! I needed a good laugh today!
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

What really amazes me....is the simple fact that the above stick figure has been downloaded so many times...

I try to help when people ask and kinda shake my head at some of the requests. I don't mind helping because I have received so much from this site and by giving back I feel I can help show the appreciation I have for the admin's here at Plasmaspider for giving us this community.

I have given a couple demo's and have tried to be very informative on how to do traces with Corel Draw - it really is quite simple once you do a couple....either that or I am a genius LMAO....no, I am sure it is not the latter..... The problem is that the people asking for the traces give such a poor qulity file to start off with. It is no wonder they are having problems.

With a poor quality file all you can do it hand trace it. Even then it is tough.

If it is a simple trace and I have time, I don't mind. I am getting so busy lately though that tracing difficult files for others is cutting into my production time - which costs money. If someone wants to pay for the time I don't mind doing it, especially if they are charging a profit for the file. If they are just asking for freebies so they can make more money by not doing it themselves then I think that is a moral situation and I don't feel comfortable working with that. :)

Anyways....it has been getting quite excessive lately. Perhaps we can ask the Admins to open up a forum board for "Work For Hire" where people can post up conversion jobs they don't mind paying for, making it easier for the ones that have the time to draw files to make a little extra money for their time.

I am quite new here so don't want to step on any toes or cause any waves. Just my opinion - and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. :)
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
wickedinhere
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by wickedinhere »

YOu know what makes me mad? NO one has said thanks for the stick figure dxf file.LOL
I still have alot to learn but i am getting better at tracing and fixing files but sometimes
i can't fix a file so i will post it up to get help but only after i have worked on it for a good while.
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by muzza »

No I'm not one that downloaded it ;) and although not symmetrical is a still very nice stick figure :D .

I too have looked at some and thought to myself :roll: but also know what it's like starting out. I've been cutting for a while now but initially was quite phased by drawing. With the help of yourself Gamelord and many others here I have pushed myself more and more to the point now where I'm quite confident with a lot of stuff I wouldn't have even considered trying a year ago but I still have a long way to go. I have responded with some of the drawing requests where I have thought I was capable of delivering an acceptable standard, some I have even done and gone to post and seen others had done it already as good or better.

I like your thoughts there Gamelord regarding a file request system where anyone having a drawing request could submit it and any interested in drawing could reply by PM or email so not to have an online auction. That way I think would be fair to all.

I have many occasions where it was beyond my skill level or I simply have had too much on in the time frame required to draw something especially like the recent Christmas lead up and rather than knock work back I have had the drawing done for me, that way three people win. In the lead up to Christmas I had several pieces drawn by members here which I paid for rather than simply requesting a draw as they were jobs I was being paid to do and only considered it fair that some of the funds should go to the person who did much of the hard part.

I'm not saying that everyone that requests help should expect to pay but I think it's only fair that if a person is being paid for a piece which requires total drawing to be done that the person drawing should not be expected to give up their time and expertise without reward. I know many have and do and some of the tasks requested here would take me hours to do others quite simple and I am grateful to all and every one who has helped me with drawing and advise whether directly or indirectly.

Thanks
Murray
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Ok ok ok... I can't take it anymore ...here's a symmetrical one for ya'll.

Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate CAD
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

I seen this thread and thought "who cant draw a freakin stick man?" So i past it over a few times. After see'n 12 replies and who posted it, i thought there was something going on here. :lol:

I agree to this thread. Ive more or less stopped helping cause of the low quality pics and the time it takes to make a cutable file. Although some are really simple and easy and a simple thank you is great. Its the times you spend 2-3 hours making a nice file and it turns out a thank you is not enough anymore.

When i bought my machine i too was under the impression that there was a magic easy button. You could take a full color pic and turn it into a cutable file in minutes. Not True. When i joined here i was asking for files to be converted because i didnt understand what could actually be done with the programs i had. Today i have a little better clue about the programs because i sat down and watched tutorials, asked questions and joined several forums. I did what i had to do to learn what i had to learn. Even tho my learning curve took a better part of 6 months. I can make dang near anything out there in the programs i use and i feel good about that. Ocassionally i get stumped. But usually it turns out to be user error.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Maybe a different forum page for requests would work? That way folks who are willing to help can go there, and maybe make a few $$ for those who need help to finish a paying job. That way the sharing page can be for just that.

My. 02

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
twobigdawgs
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by twobigdawgs »

I have received help from some of you. I thank you for that help. I try to do as much as I can on my own but like some I am new and I work a forty hour job and work at building my small start -up cutting biz and learning autocad, mach3, sheetcam, and still be a great father and husband. its alot and it get to be a bit much. I'm not looking for pitty lol just saying it aint easy but you all make it better and I thank you all for that. Cheers!!! :)

tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Is that stick person ready to cut? :D
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

tnbndr wrote:Is that stick person ready to cut? :D
Naaaa, to many nodes!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

My take on this like many, is that it seems like some don't even try to do their own, that is the way I learned(from hours of tracing).. I really think that those that don't know their programming yet are mostly turn key machine owners. I also agree it isn't fair they ask others to do a drawing for their paid projects, for the reasons stated already..

I built mine from a kit while working a 50hr week job back then so it took a lot of time to get going and inbetween I was able to read, watch and learn the basics of traceing. My thanks to Gameloard, Muzza and a few others that have helped me along with Corel and it's tracing properties, and MANY thanks to those here that do share what they draw/trace for others..

It is definatly a frustrating, long learning curve, but the only way to learn it is to go throught it!!
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
tnttrikes
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnttrikes »

I must have clicked on the wrong icon.
I thought this was the sharing section.
Maybe i"m missing the point :roll: ?
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

Sharing isn't the issue, sharing is awesome, I like sharing and its one of the things that makes Plasmaspider such a great resource.

The point is not the sharing, but the request for work by someone else that is so simple to do it makes you wonder if they are only using the forum for their own personal free design/art department. This is not sharing but using.

Again, I don't have a problem helping someone figure out what they are doing wrong, or helping someone who has a very difficult project and is asking for help, or someone who is in a bind and just needs a quicky (as long as I have time to do so). But when you start seeing multiple request from a few individuals for items that are so simple it takes all of 10 minutes to produce a good quality DFX...and then they ask (or even complain) if I could re-size it for them as well.....well, I tend to ask WTF?

I like to share and I love to help teach others how to do things (if I can), but when I feel I am starting to be taken advantage of, I tend to get a little selfish. Sharing means you give a little you get a little. When someone is asking for traces over and over without giving something back, I don't technically call that sharing. :)

Torchmate CAD
tnttrikes

Post by tnttrikes »

?sharing? can actually mean giving something as an outright gift: for example, to ?share? one's food really means to give some of it as a gift. Sharing is a basic component of human interaction, and is responsible for strengthening social ties and ensuring a person?s well-being
:D
DARRYL21270
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by DARRYL21270 »

I'm happy to see i'm not alone in the way I feel about this. I also don't mind helping people who really need it but to ask someone for something as simple as a stick figure is downright insulting. We all spent thousands of dollars on the machines we own so why not learn how to use them. If you didn't figure in a learning curve into your purchase then that's not my fault and you shouldn't expect other people to help you out of a jam that you got yourself into. It took me months to learn the software and i'm still not an expert but I push forward every day and I try and get through it on my own. I like the idea of a forum where people can request a basic design for a fee because after paying a few times you bet your sweet ass they're gonna learn how to do it themselves. I joined this site to learn from other owners and also share what I know, not to be inundated with stupid requests that a 1 second search on Google won't rectify. If you have no artistic ability than maybe buying a table wasn't the smartest move for you.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”