Hypertherm Tech Support

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Hypertherm Tech Support

Post by Oldsarge »

In a word, WOW!

I've been having issues with THC and consumable life, and had been through so many sets of consumables and tried everything I could trying to figure it out on my own. Mistake Mr Rock head! Get this, a real person answered the phone, and 20 minutes later my table is cutting like someone snuck in and replaced it with a new one! The cut quality is now what I was expecting all along with the Duramax torch, and I cut a whole 4x8 sheet into product last night, and the last cut was as good as the first! You just can't put a price tag on quality or good customer service.

Thanks Hypertherm, I'm a customer for the long haul!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm Tech Support

Post by jimcolt »

Thanks Sarge......Hypertherm has a pretty good, experienced group in the tech service department. They all really care.....as they are part owners of the company!

Jim
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

What were the issues and how did they go about straightening ya out??
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

Largemouthlou wrote:What were the issues and how did they go about straightening ya out??
A lot of it was basic stuff, I thought I had my air pressure dialed in real well, but we figured out it was really way too high, and I had my speed way too low, I thought it would cut better at a slower speed, but once I cranked it up it started cutting really well... The THC is squared away now, so we basically got everything "talking" together, and I'm really loving the cut quality now!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”