Dynatorch table question about Gantry position. and 1st post

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Rocky Mountain Westy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Dynatorch table question about Gantry position. and 1st post

Post by Rocky Mountain Westy »

Hey Guys,

First post here. I just got my Dynatorch table today. brought tears to my eyes as we unloaded it. We are pretty excited. Dynatorch has been great. One thing that needs improvment is there picture of the table when you are supposed to pick your drop side. I still don't know if I picked the correct side yet. I guess I will fire up the computer in the morning and see which end it homes at. Does it home with the torch in front of the gantry or behind the gantry? Meaning I guess is the torch supposed to be at the edge of the table or is the back edge of the gantry supposed to be at the other edge of the table in the home position. I got the Tube cutter too. I can't stop thinking about the opportunitys.

I look forward to getting to know this community.

Thanks for the help.

Mike Labate

http://www.RockyMountainWesty.com
boodog710
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Dynatorch table question about Gantry position. and 1st post

Post by boodog710 »

Mike, the home position for the torch is the bottom left end of the table. If you are facing the table from the drop side, home is on your left and by the drop side. The gantry will be backed up to the stops, actually about a 1/4 inch from the stops. Your service position will be at the opposite end of the table about 12 inches up from the drop side. The load position is on the opposite side of the drop side and, like the home position, on the far left hand end.

I have had my table for two years now. Other than a few problems with Dynatorch's operating software (I was the first to use a new version with a number of updates) I have had no problems. I use a Hypertherm 1250, which works great for my application.

If you send me youe email address I will send pictures of the three positions.

Jack
Rocky Mountain Westy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rocky Mountain Westy »

Well table is together. It parks where I inteded it too. Need to hook up the exhaust tomrw. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Wine Country
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Wine Country »

Rocky Mountain Westy wrote:Well table is together. It parks where I inteded it too. Need to hook up the exhaust tomrw. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Give Leon Drake a call before trying out machine. It will save you much grief. He will walk you through setup and fine
tuning needed before cutting. I started cutting right away and was nothing but frustrated. Believe me, you don't want
tears in your eyes over torch crashing or derailed gantry problems. After Leon helped me fine tune my machine, it has
been nothing but fantastic. Marty

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”