Plasmacam

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
dalejrgirl777
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Plasmacam

Post by dalejrgirl777 »

I recently bought a plasma cam used. It won't initialize the gantry or carriage. motors move a couple of inches and stop. I replaced the controller and the head cable. Can someone please help getting pretty aggrivating.
jcfreer
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Plasmacam

Post by jcfreer »

check to see if everything is square
MQUICK
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by MQUICK »

Can you move the gantry and carriage freely by hand? If not check your alinement of the drive gears. If your gantry and carriage are parked already in the corner it will only move an inch or so bumping its limit switchs to locate it self. After you initialize the unit do you get any error messages? If not, try using the control panel on the table to move the gantry and carriage. More details would help.
dalejrgirl777
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by dalejrgirl777 »

Error message falling carriage gantry. If you move it to the center of the table it only moves a couple of inches and stops, move it toward the edge and it slams the table and stops.
Vern2
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Vern2 »

Juat a thought your X rail drive shaft might be broken. Or pulley, belt, or pinion is slipping on drive shaft.

Vern
dgeorgester
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dgeorgester »

I remember having that problem. After a while the limit switches get gummed up with plasma dust. Changing the limit switches fixed the problem.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”