Corel 9 Changing Drawing Size.

General software related questions should be posted here.
tjkent
1.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Corel 9 Changing Drawing Size.

Post by tjkent »

I'm new to this and any help anyone can give would be appreciated. I use Draftsite to draw with as I was fairly familiar with Autocad years ago. When I import a design into Corel 9 the program sizes it up by about 5 1/2 times. And then sometimes Tracker's Command and Cut will change it a little from what was in Corel. I always use Import and Export. In DraftSite I draw everything on a 1 to 1 scale. So a design that was 10 inches long becomes 55 inches long in Corel.
Any Ideas?

Thanks;
Terry
4x8 Tracker
CutMaster 151
DraftSight
CorelDraw 6
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Corel 9 Changing Drawing Size.

Post by Team Tracker »

Hi Terry

I have not used Corel9 in many years however it could be that the Draftsite dxf is being drawn in a different unit of measurment than Corel is using to open it.

I know that with newer Corel versions you are provided with a few options on import of a dxf so that your drawings are to scale. I am sure Corel9 has similar options so I suggest working with those.

Are your exporting from Corel 9 as a dxf file or plt file? Please advise and I can solve your scaling issue from Corel to Command'nCut as it should be a seamless operation.
1-800-590-7804
tjkent

Post by tjkent »

Hi Reid,
I export from Corel as a plt and then import into Command and Cut 3.11.18.

Thanks;
Terry ;)
4x8 Tracker
CutMaster 151
DraftSight
CorelDraw 6
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Hi Terry

If you export plt from Corel be sure the units on export are set to 1016 and when you open the file in Command'nCut that it is also set to 1016. These are the default values and never need to be changed however since you purchased your machine used you never kow what may have been changed. If the units are set proper you should have no scaling issues from Corel to Command'nCut. Please confirm your units are set to 1016.
1-800-590-7804
tjkent

Post by tjkent »

Hi Reid,

Do you know how to check the default settings in Corel? I don't have any experience with Corel 9.

Thanks;
Terry :P
4x8 Tracker
CutMaster 151
DraftSight
CorelDraw 6
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

Hi Terry
I have a tracker table as well . I have the same issue when I export from corel to command and cut.The dimensions of the piece is usually about 1% smaller then the one drawn and all I have been able to do is scale it up that 1%. Both settings are at 1016. I am sure its my fault and not the machine (I'm self taught on it and like the machine) Hopefully Reid can help us out.
Thanks Mark
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Mark, Terry, I can certainly help. Please do the following.
  • draw a 40 inch square in Corel
  • save file in Corel format (.cdr)
  • export file as plt (or dxf if you prefer)
  • reply to this thread and upload both files
I will have a look and determine why your parts are not to scale and get right back to you.
1-800-590-7804
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

Hi Reid
I'm not tech savy enough to upload those files yet but hopefully Terry is.I did draw a 40 x 40 square and when I did export it came in at 39.37 x 39.37 if that helps. I was also wondering if and where I might get a few hours of training from tracker or if I I could hire you could come by my shop sometime.I dont know if you guys are still around london or port franks but I'm only an hour northwest of there. PM me if it suits you.
Thanks Mark
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Hi Mark

Rather than wait for Terry to upload please call myself or Justin at 800-590-7804 so we can quickly solve this for you without having to travel. It will be a simple fix, just neeed to look at your Corel output settings.
1-800-590-7804
Team Tracker
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Team Tracker »

Terry

We were able to speak with Mark and determined the problem to be the scaling option he had selected. Please see image below and note the scaling option should be set to "Scale: 100%" as shown.

PLease confirm this on your next export and also click on the Advanced tab and confirm your "Curve Resolution" is set to 0.001 inches.

Let me know if this helps.
x3 screen.jpg
x3 screen.jpg (78.1 KiB) Viewed 3728 times
1-800-590-7804
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

thanks goes to Reid and Justin, one call and within a minute they had things fixed. I just wished I wasn't so stubburn and called them a year ago.
Thanks again Mark
tjkent

Post by tjkent »

Hi Reid,
I haven't tried exporting anything lately with accuracy needed, but I did check and my settings were correct. I will let you know if I have any peoblems in the future. Thanks again.
4x8 Tracker
CutMaster 151
DraftSight
CorelDraw 6

Return to “General Discussion”