My experience with this machine

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

My experience with this machine

Post by jeeplogic83 »

I have a Practical CNC table the company is now gone but despite some minor setback it still works well.
Rokitman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: CNC Plasma Machine Poll & User Comments

Post by Rokitman »

Hey every one. I to am new to the site and own a Practical CNC Machine 5 x 10 Router and Plasma for about 2 years. The machine works very well and have not had any problem with it. Just the soft limits do not work very well. My first year useing it I just cut wood and last years I started to cut with the plasma and Im still cutting with it. Kind of like the cutting the with the Plasma more than the Router.

Patrick
NY
dirtdummy
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: CNC Plasma Table Reviews

Post by dirtdummy »

checking out a table from precision automated equipment precisionae.com has both plasma and router capabilities anyone delt with them or thier products ? looks like a large strong gantry well built. dirtdummy
AAASIGNCOM
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: PRECISION AUTOMATED CNC Plasma Cutting Tables

Post by AAASIGNCOM »

hello all, -- recienty i purchased a cnc router / plasma machine from Pecision Automated Equipment in eaton rapids, mi. i come from a shopbot background, had a bot for 3 years. it was a good and dependable machine, but i wanted a faster / beefier machine. i did alot of homework. i visited several cnc makers (a good excuse for a motorcycle ride). i found PAE the best buy for my dollars. the machine is a tank!, they have the best table out there!. i got the closed loop servos and 4 hp spindle. i my opinion, i got a better machine than the SB ALPHA and saved thousands. my new machine was less money than some of the used bots i have seen on the forum. -- the new owner of PAE is great!.......... as is his staff. i haven't really needed technical support because they spent 3 hours with me at their shop prior to delivery. if you have questions, call me, tony rogers AAASIGN.com 317 297-7503. p.s. i was very happy to purchase " MADE IN AMERICA". i can't say enough, these guys are who you want to do business with!
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

I've had a Practical CNC 4X8 plasma/router table for about 4 years now. They've sold to Precision Automated now but it looks like the exact same table. I've had to replace a gear shaft for about 4 bucks, they gave me the part number for their vendor since they said it would be chaper for me to go straight to them (MSC) I bought half a dozen of them just in case. That's the only problem I've had with my table. I only use it for plasma so far. Have no plans to put a router on it yet.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jeeplogic83 »

Has anyone with a Pracical CNC tried to call tech support lately? I called about 4 months and still waiting for a call back. They also said that there would be a $75.00 charge for the tech call. I needed a drive shaft a $2.00 part and I live 2 hours from the company they were going to charge me $35.00 shipping and $35.00 for the part. I have never said anything bad about this company because they always came through when I had a problem and there have been many, many problems with my machine. Now that they are PAE the Pracitcal costumers are screwed. The way the machines are made are very nice but now I see there true colors I would probably not go with them again. Anyone with a practical machine give them a call and see what kind of costumer support you get. 1-517-663-8665 Unless they have changed in the past few months you will be surprised.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

I'm not sure which part you need, but they probably got their parts from MSC. The shaft I needed was from there, and a while back I needed one a small plastic part also. I called them and Jason told me they get most of their small parts from them and just gave me the part number. If I would have known they were selling, I would have tried to get a list of all the part numbers from them...
I might still have the part number for the shaft... The shaft I broke was for the Y drive going from the servo gear to the rack I think. I think the X drive shaft was the same....
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”