hypertherm phc

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

hypertherm phc

Post by grogmeister »

i have a hypertherm 1250 with the hypertherm phc, when i am cutting the inside cuts and the piece falls out the torch detects the open space and quits and gives me an error code ,usually a 7 but sometimes other error codes,was wondering if anybody could help , thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: hypertherm phc

Post by jimcolt »

I can help....butI need more info. What brand or type of cutting machine, what cnc control?

Jim Colt Hypertherm

grogmeister wrote:i have a hypertherm 1250 with the hypertherm phc, when i am cutting the inside cuts and the piece falls out the torch detects the open space and quits and gives me an error code ,usually a 7 but sometimes other error codes,was wondering if anybody could help , thanks
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Ive been experiencing a similiar prob. Mach3 tells me the Volts are out of range. I looked at the upper fault limit and its set @ 200. Only seems to happen when i have the THC on. Ive been cutting fine without it. At the end of the cut, you can see the head lifting cause of a fault. Then it raises to rapid height and moves onto the next cut.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
grogmeister
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by grogmeister »

hi jim ,thanks for quick reply ,i;m running a gorilla cnc with flashcut ,on the classifieds there is a video of the machin e running but not doing any inside cuts,i follow the hypertherm settings but get an error code whenever it cuts an inside cut and the piece falls out ,torch quits and lifts up
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Program your holes with a lead in at the beginning....but either no lead out (shut off at 360 degrees...right at the lead in kerf) or with an overburn (overburn stays on the radius of the circle...and goes maybe .150: past the lead in kerf).

Your part program is trying to finish the cut....which leads into the center slug of a hole....the slug is dropping, and the plasma is indicating (through the arc transferred (also known as arc good)) output that the cut was lost. The plasma cannot maintain an arc without material under the torch.

This will solve your problem and will make your holes look better as well.

Jim Colt

grogmeister wrote:hi jim ,thanks for quick reply ,i;m running a gorilla cnc with flashcut ,on the classifieds there is a video of the machin e running but not doing any inside cuts,i follow the hypertherm settings but get an error code whenever it cuts an inside cut and the piece falls out ,torch quits and lifts up

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”