newbie questions

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
dbdesigns
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

newbie questions

Post by dbdesigns »

Hey Guys
I have a small home based machine shop and I'm interested in getting into plasma cutting.I've seen a new 2 X 4 plasmacam goes around $7K is that typical with other machines? I thought I saw an ad for torchmate for appx $4K but I can't be sure.Also where do you usually find work for these machines? I can think of alot of custom stuff but I'd like to find some steady work so it pays for itself.Thanks for any info :mrgreen:
JJsCustomDesigns
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: newbie questions

Post by JJsCustomDesigns »

Dont forget when you see 7k for a machine. Thats typically just the table and the software. Youll also need a computer, plasma cutter, air compressor, a space to put all you equipt, filter, consumables... list goes on.

There are some turnkey systems out there but i dont really have any knowledge on them. Im sure if you contacted any of the sponser links they'd be happy to help you figure out exactly what you need :)

Just wanted to make you aware that theres more than just a plasma table to think about when you get ready to purchase equipt.
"There are bigger things planned for you in your life, be patient"

Im on the prowl for a good used Hypertherm Plasma with hand torch.
PM me with details
Thanks
dbdesigns
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: newbie questions

Post by dbdesigns »

Thanks JJsCustoms.
I do know that ,I've had the plasma cutter,computer and compressor for a while and I'm ready for the table. :D

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”