Height Adjustable Grates!

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Height Adjustable Grates!

Post by Joe Jones »

Things sometimes blow up in your face. I lost my helper, and my main PC (13 years old now) finally gave up the ghost, so I went to Best Buy today to pick up a new DELL Inspirion 3030 with the i7 processor and more. Now I have to REMEMBER what software was on the other PC that will no longer boot up, and try to recover a couple of TERABYTES of .pcm and .dxf files, as well as many other things. :-x

Then I need to move that DesignEdge seat to the new PC tower. That requires a call to PlasmaCam, and a bit more.

I am NOT giving up on this project, but life keeps tossing grenades into my plans.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
16 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

The new PC is up and running! I like it so much, I bought three more of them! :lol: :shock:

Joe
DELL INS 3030 AND MONITOR.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Cute little computer. Do they have an LTP port or you just use it for design? Not a fan of Dell systems but glad you have it working.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I installed the AXXON LF1119KB parallel card and driver.

This machine would not normally run a table, but I like options!

In fact, I like it so much, I bought three more of them. I also equipped all of them with the LF1119KB parallel cards and 15' parallel cables from Amazon, just for possible future use with PlasmaCam tables. :mrgreen:

I think I will use them to replace the older Dell Optiplex PCs, and probably donate those to a local school or something, after DesignEdge is deleted from them.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Nice Joe, hope those Dells work out for operating the table through those new cards also.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Time will tell. I ordered new monitors for the towers, and (10) new 13-Function USB hubs for the laptops and towers. Now I have to set up a 'YUGE banquet table in the living room, set all of this $%& up and make sure everything is right. I will be doing some DesignEdge training in Texas for a full week, in July, and I want everything to WORK!

I have not decided whether I will take my 4x4 table with me to demo. They do not use a plasmaCam table, but they are interested in the software. Unbelievably, they are currently using PlasmaCAM version 1.20 :Wow I cannot believe the products they make, using that old, outdated software.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Do you think you’ll take the grate elevator system down to see if they want some of those as well?
Robert Johnson
PlasmaCAM GURU & Instructor
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC
(918) 457-0289 * Robert@490Creations.com
Did I help and you want to help me out? Buy me a coffee! - Thanks!
I am not affiliated with PlasmaCAM, Inc. in any way. I offer training on their equipment and software. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them are for nominative purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

rdj357 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:05 pm Do you think you’ll take the grate elevator system down to see if they want some of those as well?
When I finally get the first one built and functional, I will duplicate the project on other tables. I am also interested in making this project for the 510 tables. I am not sure if I would raise and lower the entire grate, or only one half of it.

I am juggling many different projects, and they all demand my immediate attention.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Joe Jones wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:39 am
rdj357 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2024 11:05 pm Do you think you’ll take the grate elevator system down to see if they want some of those as well?
When I finally get the first one built and functional, I will duplicate the project on other tables. I am also interested in making this project for the 510 tables. I am not sure if I would raise and lower the entire grate, or only one half of it.

I am juggling many different projects, and they all demand my immediate attention.

Joe
Gotcha. I was just trying to come around full circle on the thread topic here to see how that was going. I thought the side trips might be somehow related to the grate elevator system. Safe travels and good luck with your many demanding projects.
Robert Johnson
I am not affiliated with PlasmaCAM, Inc. in any way. I offer training on their equipment and software. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them are for nominative purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I just need that helper!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Joe Jones wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 9:38 am I just need that helper!

Joe
Dang! I thought you'd found one that retired or something close by and was going to be the new right hand guy. Then there was mention of a couple that you helped get on their feet, stable housing, and went on your adventures picking up some more tables with you. I guess I misunderstood and thought one or both of them were considering working with/for you on these projects as well. We've beat the how to attract and retain good help in the past so nothing more on that but I thought this project would really be moving forward now after a couple months of relatively slow development and quite a few pages of discussion here about it and a plethora of other things.
Robert Johnson
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

rdj357 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 2:20 pm
Dang! I thought you'd found one that retired or something close by and was going to be the new right hand guy. Then there was mention of a couple that you helped get on their feet, stable housing, and went on your adventures picking up some more tables with you. I guess I misunderstood and thought one or both of them were considering working with/for you on these projects as well.
That is still an option, and they have worked for me on several occasions already. I cannot afford to be their ONLY source of income.
We've beat the how to attract and retain good help in the past so nothing more on that
Thank you, Elon Musk.
but I thought this project would really be moving forward now after a couple months of relatively slow development and quite a few pages of discussion here about it and a plethora of other things.
Walk a mile in my shoes, Robert. Then we'll talk.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
16 Lasers

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”