New Cyrious table with CommandCNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Awesome
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New Cyrious table with CommandCNC

Post by Awesome »

I bought a fire-damaged Cyrious 4x4 plasma table at an incredible discount. The man who sold it to me basically gave it to me. I've been looking for a table for a few years, but as a welding instructor, funds are limited so buying a new table was not an option.

The day I brought it home

The Feathertouch case was melted. Spoiler alert, the FT-02 actually still works and has nothing wrong with it

After reorganizing my shop and getting everything fixed and set up, I'm up and running. Ignore my workbench, I'm still working on organizing everything

I had to rewire nearly everything on the gantry, as burning wood fell on it and melted all the cables. I can't afford a Hypertherm power source yet, so I adapted the Duramax machine torch it came with to work with my machine. I had to buy a new PC and a new PWMIIA module. The melted monitor that came with the table still works, lol. Dalton at Cyrious Metal Works was extremely helpful for several weeks while I was diagnosing and fixing issues that kept popping up.
I am really enjoying the CommandCNC interface, after having used Mach3 and a Starfire controller in the past. In fact, I'm strongly considering asking the CommandCNC guys to help me upgrade my machine at work to a full CommandCNC control package, as the Starfire controller it uses is garbage.

Anyway, hello. I intend to start making some side money with this machine once I finish getting all of the bugs worked out.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Cyrious table with CommandCNC

Post by weldguy »

Very nice refurb job, hope you are able to get all the bugs out and start making some money! How much do you have total invested into it if you don't mind me asking?
Awesome
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Awesome »

Total is about $2000 or so, I think. Certainly under $2200.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That's pretty awesome and well worth the effort. Hope it works out very well for you.
Awesome
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Awesome »

Boom. Cooking with gas.

45amps, 95ipm, 118v, 1.0s delay. 10ga sheet steel.
Had issues with the smaller letters but ended up getting them all cut out anyway thanks to the CommandCNC point-and-click start-from-line interface. Easiest crash recovery I've ever dealt with.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Nice work, great to see your creations take shape to a finished product.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Wow that was fast. What a killer deal, well done!
Awesome
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Awesome »

Now I'm just struggling with Inkscape. I have a few years of experience using Vcarve so I really wish I had a personal license for it. Vcarve is so much easier than anything else. Trying to design some signs and grills to get started.

Will update once I get some more stuff cut.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I think your sign turned out great! As far as drawing goes, you should be able to do just about anything with Inkscape that you can/could do with VCarve Pro. If you run into any particular problems or have specific questions about drawing with Inkscape, let us know and we will try to help you.

David
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

The real strength of V carve Is not in plasma cutting. Its designed to be a quasi-3D carving program for router tables. While it will do 2D cuts its overkill for that and their CUT2D is a better fit BUT it lacks tools and Post for doing avoidance plasma cutting.
We offer a POST for Vcarve for router including one for a tool change . it Wil not work for plasma. We have looked at writing a tool set and POST for CUT2D but their POST is just a script file so it means doing development into the application using their API and adding in variables that could be passed to the POST . it nice software and the biggest plus its it 3D simulation that lets you see exactly how the piece will cut and with each tool.

Vectric apps are all draw and cut meanin they have vector drawing tools built in . I still prefer to draw in Inkscpae and then import the SVG or PDF inot Vectric and edit it there and then do the CAM part .

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”