New Cyrious table with CommandCNC

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Awesome
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New Cyrious table with CommandCNC

Post by Awesome »

I bought a fire-damaged Cyrious 4x4 plasma table at an incredible discount. The man who sold it to me basically gave it to me. I've been looking for a table for a few years, but as a welding instructor, funds are limited so buying a new table was not an option.

The day I brought it home

The Feathertouch case was melted. Spoiler alert, the FT-02 actually still works and has nothing wrong with it

After reorganizing my shop and getting everything fixed and set up, I'm up and running. Ignore my workbench, I'm still working on organizing everything

I had to rewire nearly everything on the gantry, as burning wood fell on it and melted all the cables. I can't afford a Hypertherm power source yet, so I adapted the Duramax machine torch it came with to work with my machine. I had to buy a new PC and a new PWMIIA module. The melted monitor that came with the table still works, lol. Dalton at Cyrious Metal Works was extremely helpful for several weeks while I was diagnosing and fixing issues that kept popping up.
I am really enjoying the CommandCNC interface, after having used Mach3 and a Starfire controller in the past. In fact, I'm strongly considering asking the CommandCNC guys to help me upgrade my machine at work to a full CommandCNC control package, as the Starfire controller it uses is garbage.

Anyway, hello. I intend to start making some side money with this machine once I finish getting all of the bugs worked out.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Cyrious table with CommandCNC

Post by weldguy »

Very nice refurb job, hope you are able to get all the bugs out and start making some money! How much do you have total invested into it if you don't mind me asking?
Awesome
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Awesome »

Total is about $2000 or so, I think. Certainly under $2200.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That's pretty awesome and well worth the effort. Hope it works out very well for you.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”