Error message "material surface to high for current cut parameters"

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
ARironworks
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Error message "material surface to high for current cut parameters"

Post by ARironworks »

Hey,

I've notice this particular error pop up several times in the last few months, on many different files. It usually will happen if I hit "run Job" while in active mode, but then pause it, and start it again before it's able to make it's first pierce. It then pierces but doesn't move and will simply stay in place, torch running, if I don't hit stop.
Because of this I avoid stopping the machine before it's makes its first pierce of a cut, and if I have to, I will reset the Z position and restart the job, which usually stops it from triggering.

Anyone know what's up with that?

My workaround is usually fine, but on this current job I'm cutting I have to dry run the first cut because I already cut something there, then after I pause and switch from dry to active, it triggers this same effect. It's getting pretty annoying, because it melts the metal at my pierce point, so I have to adjust the program 0 by .25" or so, to make sure that it will have metal to cut through on the next attempt.

Thanks,
Amelia
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Error message "material surface to high for current cut parameters"

Post by adbuch »

I assume your message is "Material surface TOO HIGH for current cut parameters". It sounds like you need to recalibrate your height control (THC) for the material thickness you are cutting.
David
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Error message "material surface to high for current cut parameters"

Post by weldguy »

I am not familiar with Torchmate software but I would review some settings. See below from Sheetcam there is "Height of material above table" and "Thickness of material" that could cause an error like this if entered incorrectly.
Sheetcam.PNG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “Torchmate Forum”