Main entry gate request

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
jkesler89
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Main entry gate request

Post by jkesler89 »

I am reaching out to see if anyone happens to have a file like pictured for an entry gate
entry gate.png

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Main entry gate request

Post by Joe Jones »

That is easy enough to draw. Are you unable to draw art files? You can use many software programs, many of them are FREE to use.

The only problem I see with this gate design is the horizontal slots, which make it very EASY to climb over. I would make the slots vertical.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

jkesler89
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by jkesler89 »

If i wanted to by the gate i would. I would i do that when i have everything to build it. just looking for a file of the gate or something close vs taking all the time in cad to draw it. Thanks
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

jkesler89 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am If i wanted to by the gate i would. I would i do that when i have everything to build it. just looking for a file of the gate or something close vs taking all the time in cad to draw it. Thanks
Contact the person in the Etsy shop and see if they will sell you the file!!!
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

jkesler89 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:49 am If i wanted to by the gate i would. I would i do that when i have everything to build it. just looking for a file of the gate or something close vs taking all the time in cad to draw it. Thanks
It would be a pretty simple design to draw up. If you are lacking in either the patience or skill set to accomplish this, perhaps consider putting in a request in the files conversion help wanted section and ask for help.

https://plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=98

David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tnbndr wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:00 am
Contact the person in the Etsy shop and see if they will sell you the file!!!
:Like :Like :Like
BAR M
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BAR M »

A word of caution.
I live in the high desert area of New Mexico and I have refused to build gates like those. This is where God's wind lab is located. A gate like that could cause great bodily harm. My gates are simple 5 bar ranch gates and when the wind velocity exceeds 30 mph, my wife can not close them.
Please be careful !
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

BAR M wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:07 am A word of caution.
I live in the high desert area of New Mexico and I have refused to build gates like those. This is where God's wind lab is located. A gate like that could cause great bodily harm. My gates are simple 5 bar ranch gates and when the wind velocity exceeds 30 mph, my wife can not close them.
Please be careful !
True. A swinging gate like that can really hurt someone. However, if the gate slides open and closed on a track that is well designed, it really isn't too much of a concern.

Here is a file of a similar pattern that I drew, just to play with the concept. Feel free to use it as you desire. The nice thing about designs like this is that you can scale them, stretch them, or adjust the height of them and they will still give you the same effect.

Joe
RANDOM SLAT GATE.dxf

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Please be careful !
Great point Bob. Not something that'd cause much worry where I live but for some of you guys could be catastrophic.
plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

That looks awesome Joe, nice work! Thanks for posting, hopefully the OP can use it.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Please be careful !
I THINK there is a device you can add to a large gate hinge that will limit the travel speed of the gate, similar to the things that prevent toilet lids from slamming down. You build (or install) the hinge and set the resistance, and although the gate WILL swing in both directions, it will only move so fast, regardless of wind forces ... and armies of children racing to ice cream trucks. :lol:

I don't know if it is just friction, with some sort of asbestos drag shoes inside, or a geared counterweight that the gate's swinging motion must overcome in order to move. I did see one gate that used a heavy counterweight and a cable. The gate would swing, but ONLY at the rate that the cable could wind or unwind the cable around the rotating pipe that lifted and lowered the counterweight. I can't think of the name of that winch used on sailboats, that wraps a rope around a dual conical shaped pulley. The rope wraps it three or for times, but never winds up on the pulley, instead just entering at one end and exiting at the other.

I have to imagine that there might be another type that is hydraulic. A rotating impeller or piston moves hydraulic fluid inside, which can only pass from one chamber to another at a set speed through a small orifice. It would behave like opening the valve to lower a bottle jack. In fact, I believe a clever adaptation of some desert toy swing arm limiting shocks might accomplish the same task. Merely allowing movement, but only at a predetermined speed.

A quick GOOGLE search for "swing gate operators" reveals many different options.

They are NOT cheap!

http://gatedepot.com/

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

plasmanewbie wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:45 am That looks awesome Joe, nice work! Thanks for posting, hopefully the OP can use it.
Thanks. Very simple to draw. No "right" or "wrong" way to do it.

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by DieselFumes »

Nice Joe, looks great. The idea seems simple to draw but to get the rectangles sized and arranged where it looks good is the hard part. Yours looks very nice. Thanks!

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”