Need help converting DXF to g-code

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
superpro334a
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need help converting DXF to g-code

Post by superpro334a »

I have done very well using my new Langmuir table and am able to run already put together g-code files and have done large sheets cuts with great success however, converting DXF files to g-code is not working for me and I am not able to use many available files because I am not able to convert them properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also willing to pay for tutoring on this subject because I enjoy making all kinds of art designs and there are great files available to use.

I have bought fusion360 and sheetcam and just don't know all the steps to make it work. Please consider helping me. Thanks from MICHIGAN
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need help converting DXF to g-code

Post by acourtjester »

I use SheetCam have you look on YouTube for tutorials on SheetCam??
Here is a link to the Google drive you can download some videos I created using SheetCam some time ago.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
superpro334a
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by superpro334a »

Yes but I am not the best learner in that style but I am going to keep trying and go on youtube to locate some tutorials that is a great idea. All help is appreciated for sure. Thanks
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

superpro334a wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:26 pm I have done very well using my new Langmuir table and am able to run already put together g-code files and have done large sheets cuts with great success however, converting DXF files to g-code is not working for me and I am not able to use many available files because I am not able to convert them properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am also willing to pay for tutoring on this subject because I enjoy making all kinds of art designs and there are great files available to use.

I have bought fusion360 and sheetcam and just don't know all the steps to make it work. Please consider helping me. Thanks from MICHIGAN
Please post (or PM me) one or more of the dxf files you wish to convert and I will create a step-by-step instructional slide show for you. I will also send you a PM.

David

Return to “Introduce Yourself”