Water Table Additive Help For A School Setting

All topics related to smoke evacuation, ventilation, and water tables.
hideshell64
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Water Table Additive Help For A School Setting

Post by hideshell64 »

I know this has been brought up several times but even reading through all the previous posts I have not come up with an answer I am looking for so thought I would just try to ask specifically.

I am an art teacher but our Ag Shop recently got a Torchmate 4400. Our ag teacher is not very technologically inclined and I seen great potential for fun projects so I took the time to learn and got it running last year. We used the additive from torchmate that came with the machine but now we have drained it and need to refill. My question is should we continue to purchase the plateguard from torchmate or are their other cheaper options out there? I do not have a problem spending the money if it is the best option but don't want to use my budget up if I don't have to. Our school most likely will never be able to purchase another machine like this because we got it on a grant so I would like to do all I can to keep it in tip top shape for as long as I can.

Things that I have to keep considered are health concerns being in a school building, how to dispose of the water after we drain it, and general everyday upkeep. What I do like about the torchmate plateguard is it seems like with how often we use the table we can just about get a school year out of one filling. I am also wondering if there is a major pro or con of powder vs liquid additives? I am very open to suggestions and would like to expand my knowledge.

Thank you all in advance!
kicktillmonday
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Water Table Additive Help For A School Setting

Post by kicktillmonday »

I have allergies to many chemicals from years of unprotected exposure when I was young and more dumb than I currently am. This is what I choose to use as it is far better for my health and it seems to work great https://www.lubeclean.ca/product/greenc ... -lubecorp/

I get about a year before I have to change it out and my table is not that big so the pail lasts me a long time. I also use their machining coolant in my lathe and mill for the same health reasons. I highly recommend.
DIY 4x8 table
Powermax 65
Plasma Green Mark
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Water Table Additive Help For A School Setting

Post by Plasma Green Mark »

hideshell64, we're a manufacturer & formulator of additives for cutting tables. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about a product for your cutting table. Feel free to DM me. Thanks!

Return to “Water Tables, Ventilation, Air Handling”