2018 trucut xt 5'x10' plasma table

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
eric b
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

2018 trucut xt 5'x10' plasma table

Post by eric b »

I acquired a Tru Cut XT 5'x10' Plasma table a while ago. And I have been having issues with pin configuration. Was wondering if anyone might have that or steer me in the right direction? I currently have mach4 with warp9 ESS-V258 and with TCM3-1 v017. I can move machine with jog and can home machine . But won't run G-Codes or fire the torch?? It does have auto THC. But that's not working either. I'm just a beginner and hobbyist. So if anyone can help me out or steer me in the right direction. Would be greatly appreciated.
Eric B
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 2018 trucut xt 5'x10' plasma table

Post by acourtjester »

You say it will not run G-code, explain that. Did you get any G-codes with the table? When you got the table were you told it was operational. You may be using the wrong post processor for the electronics. Have you run another table and have general knowledge to run a table? The info you gave is great, just not enough.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
eric b
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by eric b »

As for G codes. Yes it came with shape wizard. And it did work when I got it. The problem is other people that thought they knew what they were doing started messing around with it. And haven’t been able to get it back the way it was. I have tried to do a restore still nothing. And no I haven’t ever run one. But after messing with it and reading up on it. I have a general idea how to operate. Also there are some hobby G codes that came in the computer. But won’t run in dry run or in cut mode. I don’t know if it’s a mapping issue or pin issues???
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

It does sound like an electronics/communications problem in the controller. Do the 3 axis move as you said it will move and home. It could be the configuration in the software has been messed with and as you say a mapping problem. But I think that may only be in the firing of the torch. When you try to run a G-code does any thing happen? Normally when you move to the start point and tell it to run a G-code, it will move to where it wants to fire the torch, and maybe move the torch to pierce height. When you do move it do you see the read outs for the axis change? You having an understanding of what should happen is very good, it normally a very low level to make the controller something. I am not sure but Mach 3 has a torch fire button on the screen and if you clicked on F5 it should fire the torch F5 again turns it off, (just a test ). I would think Mach 4 has one too.
This web site may help with some written info for you https://warp9td.com/index.php/gettingst ... -and-mach4
Unless something is broken we should be able to get you going. I have built 10 table from scratch, there is no big magic.
You may want to download a current version of Mach 4 and install it, I have seen with Mach 3 if it get dorked up it acts strange and not run correctly.
Go into the configurations for Mach4 and write down the setting for the axis and the other pin connection info, you will need that if you install the downloaded version.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

where are you located, another member may be close and come to help.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I am going to give you basic info about how things work in a CNC operation. Mach 4 is a program that runs to read the G-code and send signals that do the CNC operations. The warp9 is used to take the signals and connect them to the different components of the CNC that actually do the function. When Mach 4 is configured the signals are given a circuit to use on the warp9 to do the functions. Example lets say pin 3 is used for axis driver for X signal for how many steps the motor will move, And pin 4 is used for which direction X will move. Each axis will have a step and direction pin in the configuration. Also there are pins to fire the torch, pins for the home/limit switches, and pins for the THC operation. Some signals are outputs for the controller to the CNC and other are input signals from the CNC.
Most likely as long as nobody changed the wiring on the warp9, your problem is with the Mach 4 configuration or the software for Mach 4. It could also be if the warp9 has firmware that it uses it could be the problem.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

Does Mach4 use xml profile files? You could save the profile and any macros in the corresponding folder and also the current screen set file. It might be custom.
You never said where you are located.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
eric b
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by eric b »

First off. I live in Westfield Ny. I am about 60 miles south of south of Buffalo. And about 30 miles north of Erie Pa. Along Lake Erie. Yes all axis are moving with jog buttons and homing all works. I did download a new version of mach4 and warp9 ESS v258. Not sure if that’s causing some of the issues?? Hopefully someone nearby can come take a look. Willing to pay for your time. I think that might be the best option At this point???
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Some times things work better when you have eyes on the problem. I am in North Florida so not help with a visit. I have not worked with Mach 4 only Mach 3 ( and other software) so I'm a little in the dark. With some electronics Mach needs to have a plug in for that electronics installed. This is so the handshake between them is correct. These thing should be called out in the manual.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

MACH willnot move the table if its configured wrong or somebody messed up the settings, It uses the same ports and pins and the WARP9 interface to jog and home as it goes to run under g-code. So the problem is down tot it doe snot read the g-code.

There is a MDI input in the diagnostics (at least in MACH3) that lets you type in a single line of Gcode then execute that line. You find that and start there. Code is simple: something like G0 X10 moves the X axis to 10" (from X 0) at full rapid speed If that does not work then check to make sure you have a valid MACH license. The MACH3 used to allow 500 lines of code to run but I don't know about MACH4. They may lock out ANY motion from code on unlicensed versions. Any valid code you have SHOULD load into the g-code display and show the too l path into he tool path window. If it doe snot it for sure will not run. If yo0u get motion from the MDI and manual G-code inputs then is down to the code is wrong . It HAS to be for MACH and not a "general code program.

I suspect you are dealing with code issues or a license problem. The MDI test will tell you a lot

I apologize . I have not seen or used MACH4. It is not an upgrade of MACH3 , its a total rewrite . We dropped MACH3 and went to LINUX in 2016 for a variety of reasons not the least of which was none of our hardware drivers (plug-ins) we had for MACH3 would work with MACH4.

I started with MACH in '99 running on Windows 98 when I built my first CNC plasma table, and Art was the founder and owner. He worked with me to create the first THC logic in MACH2 and then into MACH3. We used it for 16 years and sold thousands of copies with our controls. When he retired in 2014 (?) and sold out, things changed and we moved on. So if the things I told you don't work maybe somebody that does know MACH4 can chime in.

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”