THC SET UP

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Bub21t
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

THC SET UP

Post by Bub21t »

HI IM JUST GOT MY TABLE AND EVERYTHING SETUP AND WENT TO SET THE THC I HAD TO WATCH A VIDEO ON YOU THAT THEY MADE BUT I DID IT HOW THEY SAY TO DO ALL THE WAY TELL I GOT BACK TO SHEETCAM AND WENT TO EDIT POST PROSESOR NEEDED TO CHANGE THE SWITCH OFFSET AND ON THERES IT SAID SWITCH OFFSET AND ON MINE IT DIDNT NOW IT SAYS I HAVE A ISSUE ON LINE 40. I CANT GET THE TORCH TO FIRE TO CUT IT STARTS ON THE CUT PATH AND IT STOPS IT TRYS TO ARC BUT JUST BLOWS SIDE OUT OF TIP NOT SURE WHAT TO LOOK FOR ITS A EVERLAST 82I PLASMA PREMIER TABLE
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC SET UP

Post by acourtjester »

It would be nice to see part of the G-code that has the problem to get an idea what is going on. Are you saying it blew out the tip on you torch. That may have happened if you did not have the pierce height set and it was on the metal not above it. You need to run the G-code without plasma on to see what it is doing so you don't keep blowing tips out. What table did you get???
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: THC SET UP

Post by weldguy »

The error on line 40 I expect is related to a change in your post processor you made. If you made a change in teh post processor I would change it back to how it was for now until you get better info on the post change.

Blowing the side out of the tip is a different issue altogether. I expect you have excessive moisture and/or oil in your air supply. Black or grey swirling marks on your electrode and nozzle are a good indication of dirty air but since your blowing up consumables thats a good indicator also.

What do you have for air filtration?

Return to “SheetCam”