Mini computer problem

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
OTHill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Mini computer problem

Post by OTHill »

Can't access internet anymore. This error message comes up.
20230810_091849.jpg
I tried posting on candcnc but not much action over there.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Mini computer problem

Post by weldguy »

Have you tried changing your clock settings to the correct time and date?
OTHill

Post by OTHill »

It won't allow me to change the settings. I'm getting some response on the candcnc site now. Apparently there's a cmos battery in the computer that needs replacing. I'm still using the system just not internet. It's my main shop computer so I miss that part of it.
5x10 table,Precision plasma gantry,Cand CNC electronics,Hypertherm 65 plasma,King lathe and mill,255 lincoln mig welder.Dawson Creek BC. Much modified Fastcut 4x8 plasma table with Ethercut
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Well that would be an easy fix. Let us know if that solves your issue.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I expect that once you replace the battery you will still need to reset you clock. Let us know how you make out.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If the Cmos battery is bad or weak the time in the lower right will be off too. that message looks suspect, If you have another PC with internet service I would Google that web site with "like bogus support.mozilla.org"
I did not find an real good info about that message.
Here is a time change method from the wed for Firefox

To select the timezone, go to the Firefox add-on page via the Ctrl+Shift+A keyboard shortcut. Look for the Change Timezone add-on and click the Options button next to it. From the dropdown, select which timezone you want to switch to and then restart the browse
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

While I can understand wanting to be able to access the Internet directly that PC only has one Ethernet port that has to be dedicated to the controller. You can use WIFI channel if you have an in house WIFI network. The Mini PC is pretty powerful but the OS is optimized to do Motion Control and is not reallythe best choice for a general purpose workstaion PC to do drawing and CAM on. Being able to sit in the AC and draw and generate toolpaths (its 103 degs in Texas today) makes the process a lot more pleasant. Since Inkscape , SheetCAM and QCAD all run in Windows or Linux you can chose to split it anyway you want. If you like Linux for its speed and security, A PC loaded with either Linux or dual boot makes a pretty versicle setup. In a shop with multiple machines and different types of controls a central network and a file server really makes production easier.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

tcaudle wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:18 pm While I can understand wanting to be able to access the Internet directly that PC only has one Ethernet port that has to be dedicated to the controller. You can use WIFI channel if you have an in house WIFI network. The Mini PC is pretty powerful but the OS is optimized to do Motion Control and is not reallythe best choice for a general purpose workstaion PC to do drawing and CAM on. Being able to sit in the AC and draw and generate toolpaths (its 103 degs in Texas today) makes the process a lot more pleasant. Since Inkscape , SheetCAM and QCAD all run in Windows or Linux you can chose to split it anyway you want. If you like Linux for its speed and security, A PC loaded with either Linux or dual boot makes a pretty versicle setup. In a shop with multiple machines and different types of controls a central network and a file server really makes production easier.
:Like :Like :Like
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

Not trying to hijack here, I can start another thread if it's appropriate.

How do I shut of the beeline/linux computer? I am not a linux user. I pushed the on button, and up it came. Now I have no idea how to shut it off. It is a CandCnc upgrade from my dell/windows xp machine. utube has all sorts of videos but none make sense.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If you go over to the upper right and click on one of the icons a dropdown will show a shut down is one of the selections. It should open a menu on the screen with like 30 seconds the system will shut down, you can click on it for a quicker shut down.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “CandCNC Forum”