Power max 65 keeps shutting off being very inconsistent

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Espinoza__27
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Power max 65 keeps shutting off being very inconsistent

Post by Espinoza__27 »

Hey guys I’m new plasma spider but I was wanting to see if I could get some opinions/ help so about a couple days ago my torch began shutting off maybe 30 seconds to a minute into a cut. I’ve noticed the torch makes a sputtering noise and the psi lowers and raises by about 10 - 15 psi, I took the top off my Power Max 65 and seen that when In test mode what I assume to be one of the relays on top of the solenoid flickers it’s is the one labeled fill valve and after a while it allows the air to flow normal but those beginning seconds it’s sputtering this is causing me to quit working a bit as it is entirely too much to do an entire design while at times it can cut without interruptions It never gets it on the first try I have to mess around with it and eventually the torch stays lit any idea what this could be ?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Power max 65 keeps shutting off being very inconsistent

Post by weldguy »

What error code do you see on the LCD screen on your unit?
Espinoza__27
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Espinoza__27 »

I get a variety of them from 0-20,0-21,0-22 I was on the phone with the tech guys earlier and they told me it might be the pressure sensor or the solenoid
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

Could very well be a sensor. You mention you see 10-15psi fluctuation in air pressure when the problem occurs, is your pressure gauge on the air inlet at the back of the machine? What is the lowest pressure that it gets down to?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”