Torchmate THC Retrofit

CandCNC plasma table components discussion forum
goyoasturias
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Torchmate THC Retrofit

Post by goyoasturias »

Cheers to all, I have a 2007 torchmate 3 with the wedge-like blue screen THC. The THC has stopped working and I would like to know if you can help me replace it. would i have to change the z axis too? Regards and excuse the online translator English.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate THC Retrofit

Post by tcaudle »

We do not offer a stand alone THC . Our DTHC is integrated with our Real TIme Motion control in a closed loop configuration. There may be a THC that does not need control form software and would at least provide you with something as good as that old TM< unit did. A stand-alone THC is one that needs no input from the control program or the XY axis motion. Since I assume you wil continue to use the TM controller and software you need something that simply triggers off standard signals (torch fire) and adjusts the Z independent of normal moron I am sure someone here that has done this will jump in and offer a solution. We DO have retro kits to replace the whole TM controller and the "torch lifter " axis with a full Z . They include new control softare, new computer and new hardware.
goyoasturias
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Torchmate THC Retrofit

Post by goyoasturias »

Sorry for the late response and thank you very much for responding. As additional information, I will tell you that several years ago my signal box broke down and I had it running at mach3 without any problem. Things are difficult because Torchmate no longer provides spare parts and Flashcut doesn't have anything adaptable either. Experience tells me that being tied to a closed system has advantages and disadvantages, in this case the disadvantages weigh more on me. If I find a solution, I will contribute it for the benefit of everyone.

Greetings and thanks again

Return to “CandCNC Forum”