Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software?

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
cfo64nc
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software?

Post by cfo64nc »

Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software? I have the router attachment.

Or more specifically, can the generated dxf file work with the router attachment for a 2D project?

I want to cut out some letters using the router attachment for my plasma cam but I don't have advanced design or the 3D software upgrade... 2K$$ upgrade... don't get me started... I'm not trying to do any 3d work right now. Just straight cuts at a onto a board attached to a sacrificial one.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software?

Post by adbuch »

Yes - you can save your dxf file from VCarve Pro and import to Design Edge for creating cut paths. And yes - the generated dxf file will work with your router attachment for a 2D project. The instructions for setting up the router attachment are contained in the Video Manual. I have included them below for convenience.

David
letters 1.jpg
letters 2.jpg
letters 3.jpg
letters 4.jpg
Plasmacam Router Attachment Instructions.pdf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Re: Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software?

Post by adbuch »

cfo64nc - we have not heard back from you. Was any of this information helpful to you or do you still have more questions about using the software? If so please let us know and we will be happy to try to answer any more questions you may have.

David
1MORECUT
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 1MORECUT »

cfo64nc wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 8:32 pm Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software?
Yes, all you do import it to design edge. You do not need advanced design upgrade.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

1MORECUT wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:31 pm Can vcarve dxf files work with a plasmacam that doesn't have advanced design software?

Yes, all you do import it to design edge. You do not need advanced design upgrade.
John - that's what I meant - although I didn't say it explicitly. He does not need advanced design and he does not need the 3d upgrade to import and cut a 2d file. I know you have a few videos showing your Plasmacam router making some wood parts. Perhaps share them here so the OP can get a better idea of the process.

David
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

I have so much more fun using a router on my PlasmaCam table than I do using a plasma torch. The routing process is cleaner. no smoke or fumes. A simple air blower for the dust. AND you can heat or cool your shop when using a router, because you are not pumping air OUT of your shop at 1,500 cubic feet per minute!

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”