Everlast 62i and Proma Myplasm

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
Dingo74536
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Everlast 62i and Proma Myplasm

Post by Dingo74536 »

I got my new Everlast 62i cutter on Friday and I just did my first cut with it.
What a difference a good cutter makes is like chalk and cheese when compared to cheap chinese POS that I was trying to use.

My first cut was just a simple bracket from 5mm. mild steel at 1700mm/m @ 45A and it cut through it like butter with almost no dross.
The pics are straight of the gun , no clean up.
No doubt I can tune those settings up for more speed etc, but it works good as is for that size material .

So it was money well spent IMO and it was good to finally see the CNC plasma finally working as it should.
Now to get into making some brackets that it was made for originally.

I set the Everlast 62i up in Proma Myplasm as Raw Voltage 1:1 directly from the lead terminal lugs inside the machine as done by many with the Everlast after having issues with the factory voltage divider so I decided to go direct and save the hassles.

Personally I love the Proma Myplasm unit as an all in one package and great bang for buck
FirstCuts (3).jpg
FirstCuts (2).jpg
FirstCuts (1).jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Everlast 62i and Proma Myplasm

Post by acourtjester »

Happy to see your making progress, but hate to be picky as it looks like you need to work on the mechanics of your table. There seems to be wobble in the travel. You may look at attaching an Ink Pen to the torch and mark on paper to see how well it follows your G-code shape, simple squares and circles will tell. A square for straight lines and circle for the interaction between the X and Y motion, which are constantly changing. Use a pen not sharpie for finer detail.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Dingo74536
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Dingo74536 »

Quite possible, but I was happy with that first cut with the new plasma cutter.
The wobble is probably the lead-in, and I am yet to really fine tune the THC settings.
I have done other test cuts in thin 1.5 mm with the other cutter and the geometry is all good and circles are round and straight cuts are straight.
Remember that this is a very basic JD Garage/ Langmuir style table that is mainly bolt together, and light weight so not super rigid.
I only built it to cut out the bracketry for the off road buggy that I am building but it had to be relatively cheap and compact as both are limited.
CNCplasma (8).jpg

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I am just trying to help, and point out things I experienced when I first started out too. Seeing the image of your table the first thing would be torch support. If you added a connection to the handle section of the torch as the cable movement can influence some wobble into the plasma direction while cutting.
Have fun a table is a great addition to your shop and as you know a very handy tool to have. :Yay :Like
Adding a different Plasma unit shows you are on a path to refine the table and what projects you tackle. :Like
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Thanks for the feedback on the Everlast 62i, I have been becoming more and more interested in the Everlast units since Hypertherm went to the Sync cartridges. I could justify the initial cost of the Hypertherm before but not now with those costly cartridges. Cuts look good and if your noticing huge improvements over your previous setup that is awesome!.

Toms suggestions are great and will help, I think the single most beneficial improvement for your next round of mods would be to support the other side of the gantry. I believe you will see big benefits particularly when cutting near that unsupported side. Well done and super exciting to see huge progress :Like
Dingo74536
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Dingo74536 »

IMO I think the Everlast is great cutter for the money and they do CNC packages with the machine torch, so definitely worth looking into.

I have already done a dodgy mod on the gantry to support it because it was sagging too much and it works.
I plan to remake the Z axis because it is too flimsy, so I will beef that up and make a better torch mount and possibly a machine torch as well.
JD (4).jpg

weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That's awesome, glad your tweaking it. Post pictures of your mods if you can, I really enjoy seeing other peoples solutions :Like

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”