new to the site

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
Carsont
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

new to the site

Post by Carsont »

Hello everyone !

I am very Green when it comes to fle computer , files and drawing/designing aspects of CNC plasma cutting tables, I have been wanting one for years and just purshased one I now own a 5x10 Westcott Plasma Pro series table with a hypertherm 105 and a scribe It has and opperates with a ICNC controller with a small collection of Macros up until 5 days agop didnt even know that! lol

I am a quick study and have been a fabricator welder for 24 years just did everything old school until now i do have a couple of questions if someone wouldnt mind chiming in that would be great !!

1st question I have a remote start up of my table this friday (tommorow) and i was looking to get a couple of DXF files nothing crazy i plan on buying the whole suite from FREEDXF.com but want to scrape a little green off my horns first, The question is i became a member of this site and paid the $20 very reasonable in my opinion however it still wont let me use features like messaging - tryed to message the administarators to ask them this question but it says i need to contribute before i can use that option , how long does it take to get access to the posted DXF files yall are sharing and access to say the messaging portion ?

2nd question im looking to get a cad program that i can make some parts with and design a few of my own things but have very limited skills on the computer im currently doing a trile on VIACAD 2D 3D from punch it seams ok im very very far away from knowing much about it yet is this a decent program or are there better/ more user friendly ? also will i be able to take any file and import/export not sure what one i should say yet lol however into any cad progam and convert it to DXF file ?? or do i need other programs for that as well ?

any help would be appreciated and i do plan on contributing to the fullest howevr at this moment i klnow way way more about welding processes and old school fabrication
trido23
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: new to the site

Post by trido23 »

Did anybody ever get this question answered about how long before becoming a contributing member? Paid the fee, but still don't have access to anything.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard Trido23
To get the benefit of the membership take maybe 2 days, you get an email with the way to download the file collection.
Have fun, there are many files for projects to download, you can use the search function in the upper right for a look around. You can go back years looking at all the posts, lots of tutorials form member on different software too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

trido23 wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:25 pm Did anybody ever get this question answered about how long before becoming a contributing member? Paid the fee, but still don't have access to anything.
Admin should be in touch with you soon! Thanks for joining and let us know if we can help in any way.
David

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”