Need help with a svg (willing to pay)

If you are looking for help with a file conversion please post it here rather than in the file sharing forums.
mwalker767
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need help with a svg (willing to pay)

Post by mwalker767 »

I have a svg that was sent to me for cutting but this is out of my range for what I can do. hopefully someone can help with connections so it can be cut and not fall apart

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need help with a svg (willing to pay)

Post by adbuch »

Do you want to cut this as a sign in stencil format like this?
stencil style.jpg
Or do you want to do it as a positive version like this, but with some editing to connect everything together?
positive style.jpg
Or maybe you want to do a layered format with the letters and truck cut as separate parts and attached to a backer?

David

mwalker767
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mwalker767 »

I'd like to cut the "Tony and sons" as a positive going for three layers. solid backing with tony and sons on the very top but all I nee is the tony and sons with the truck none of the other wording is necessary. I can pay you through venmo,zelle,or pay pal but i need a turnkey ready for post processing in sheetcam file svg preference
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

You say 3 layers, what is the 3rd layer? You would have the backer with the truck and "Tony & Son's" attached to the backer. Where does the 3rd layer come in?
Tonys Garage.jpg

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I have sent you a PM.
David
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I have spent a little bit of time pondering this, and I'm really not sure what would be the best way to go. The OP wants to cut the truck as a single piece attached to a backer piece. He says: "The white would be the parts cut out. That's why this is a difficult one for me. If I look at it for too long it just gets confusing. but the white should be cut out."
Tony and Sons 1.jpg
This was one of my suggestions shown below.

My suggestion is shown in the screen shot. This truck is going to be problematic no matter how you do it, since the 12" size is pretty small for the detail of these parts. If I were doing it, I would either do as shown below or do a printed vinyl image of the truck and attach to a raised outline panel of truck.
Tony and Sons as separate pieces.jpg
Tony and Sons 2.jpg
My feeling is that this truck would need to be scaled up to at least 18" wide to accommodate the narrow width of some of the parts which would need to be cut separately and then attached. This approach seems like an awful lot of work to me. Does anyone have any other suggestions as to how to proceed with this? I'm really not sure exactly what he is after as a final result.
Thanks,
David

acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

David you have done a lot of work to show why sizing up is needed. :Like :Like There are far to many small parts to the sign, I think the design would need to be refined to remove some of them. The work you did to breakup the image shows the difficulty in plasma cutting this image. I think stretching out the length of the car and removing some details would be a step in the right direction. Or changing the car completely, but it that is his logo that may not be a solution.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
mwalker767
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by mwalker767 »

This IS a company logo so changing it completely is out of the question. But removing and changing some of the details and lines is completely doable as long as the end result is something that you would have to STUDY for a minute to notice the difference. Up scaling as also a option as well the 12" was just a quick guess at a size hell it could even go up to 20 inches. but this customer is getting impatient. I'd like to have something to show him design wise by the end of the week so the general idea is a square backer and the truck would be cut out on a piece slightly smaller than the backer to create a border then the tony and sons would be a positive cut out done separately and placed on the same piece as the truck above it. I hope someone can help here I know this is a challenge but my skills just aren't there yet. the main thing that I need help with is the layer that the truck will be cut from.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I really don't see any simple straight forward method to accomplish what you ask, particularly in the short amount of time you have allowed. One suggestion that you might consider is to reach out to one of the professionals listed at the bottom of the page linked to below. Otherwise you might just have to take a pass on this job and work on developing your skill set with less complex projects with the goal of obtaining the capabilities required to do similar jobs in the future.
David

https://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=27175
hired guns.jpg

robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

:Like :Like :Like

Return to “File Conversion Help Wanted”