Fine cuts

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
escuderj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Fine cuts

Post by escuderj »

Hello

I' m still new to the world of Plasmacam, I bought a used system and being working on a few projects. I have a Hypertherm 45 and with fine cuts it bleeds the lines together or burns through. I didn't know if fine cut consumables really make that much of a difference or maybe my settings are off.

thank you

JIM
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Fine cuts

Post by adbuch »

Jim - is that a 45 or 45xp? The FineCut consumables only work with the machines with the Duramax torch such as the 45xp, 65, 85, and 105. Which Plasmacam table do you have - DHC or DHC2? Did you table come with the Design Edge software, and if so what Advanced software upgrades (if any) do you have? The big three and Advanced Design, Advanced Machine Control, and Advanced Height Control. You will obtain the best results if you use the Hypertherm Mechanized Cut Chart settings for the particular material, thickness, and consumables you are using.

It would be best if you could post some photos of your part you are having trouble with, along with your settings for cut height, pierce height, cut speed, pierce delay time, kerf width, and current setting (Amps). Also some screen shots of your settings pages would be helpful to see. We will be able to offer more direct help once we know more about what you are actually doing.

David
adbuch

Re: Fine cuts

Post by adbuch »

By the way, I would highly recommend taking a look at Robert Johnson's Learn Plasmacam Youtube channel. Particularly his video on settings I have linked to below. He also offers "in-person" teaching/training seminars at different locations around the country. You could visit his website for more details.
David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcm0DdDPfo
Design Edge Settings Explained.jpg
Design Edge Settings Explained.jpg (61.09 KiB) Viewed 364 times

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”