Longevity Forcecut 62i

Discussion forum for RazorWeld, Everlast, and all other plasma cutters.
Rhyja67
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Longevity Forcecut 62i

Post by Rhyja67 »

Hi I recently purchased a Longevity Forcecut 62i, The website said this unit was cnc compatible, however i am trying to attach a torch height controller to this machine it does not have a builtin cnc port and it does not appear to have a voltage divider in it or. Now that said i purchased a THC3T-02 THC wich comes with a voltage divider that can be attached to raw voltage. This link is a youtube video how someone attached it The following link is to the user manual http://robot3t.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... R-V1.1.pdf. My question is with the manual the setup says that the + (Work) and the - is the torch. My machine has a different torch attachment (i have an ipt60i 4 pin torch ) which states that the high voltage "work" cable is on the torch. I tried to ask Longevity and they don't have the information i need. Any Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Longevity Forcecut 62i

Post by adbuch »

I don't know about your specific model, but for the Hypertherm Powermax series and 45xp the work lead is positive, and the torch electrode is negative.
David
Rhyja67
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rhyja67 »

Thank you Sir. From everything i've gathered that is the same here. Pulling this kind of information without the manufactures help can sometimes be a challenge.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Happy to help! I hope you get it going - Good Luck!!
David
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

What if you used a multi meter and measured the arc voltage. If the polarity is backwards my meter will read something like -118volts rather than 118volts. This may help to sort out if the Longevity is different from any of the others but i suspect it is not. Good luck with your project.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Virtually all plasma cutters including the imports (use positive workclamp and negative electrode cutting voltage Some models have a CPC "port" that has a way to fire the torch, get the arc ok and a divided voltage. Some have "raw voltage " as one of the sets of pins. It NOT! its "impedance limited" meaning you can read it with a meter but a THC loads it down to almost zero. You have to get across the true Raw volts on the wires that go tot he workclamp and the electrode in the torch head. If your THC will read raw volts (up to 300 on some machines) then it has to be connected there. As far as the interface tot he software and to be able to do things like turn the THC on and off and specific times or interface with actual motion to auto correct on corners and turns that is a different story. here is a lto to Torch Height Control besides just read the volts and moving up and down. I amsure you will work it out .

Return to “RazorWeld, Everlast, & All Other Plasma Cutters”