CNC ROUTER to CNC ROUTER AND PLASMA

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
shadowdog
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

CNC ROUTER to CNC ROUTER AND PLASMA

Post by shadowdog »

Hello, I am trying to add a plasma torch to my CNC but I am having difficulty getting the output signals to reliably fire both the Anti dive and torch via an external relay connected to the output ports. I cannot find documentation on which ports use which pins so I can configure in the output config in mach3.
I am using the CNC Mach3 motion control card-MKX-IV found at http://www.cdxhctech.com/html/eProduct/ ... 5_337.html and with this card would be possible to use some of the spare axis outputs to fire the relays instead? It has six and I am using three.
Can someone please recommend a solution on the best way to approach it with this BOB thank you.

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: CNC ROUTER to CNC ROUTER AND PLASMA

Post by acourtjester »

You need to figure out which output signal go with the relay outputs, the you go to the Mach 3 configure menu then to the output signals menu scroll down to the output # 1 to 6, match the output (relay connected to for torch ) and enable it and put the pin number in there and you may need the port of 1 too. Then to spindle setup and place the pin number in the output you are using.
you can test by hitting F5 to turn the torch on/off.
pins.JPG
pins 2.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
shadowdog
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: CNC ROUTER to CNC ROUTER AND PLASMA