Round Cattle Sign

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
tgoyen
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Round Cattle Sign

Post by tgoyen »

I am trying to make a sign like this with is saying MID AMERICAN STOCK YARDS on the top and the bottom to say EST. 1970. Thank you in advance.

tgoyen
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: NEED ALITTLE HELP PLEASE

Post by tgoyen »

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE I JUST DONT KNOW HOW TO CURVE THE LETTERS AND MAKE IT LOOK GOOD.
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Hi T!
Saw this earlier and wanted to help however there was no file to assist with. Coming back to the thread I see that's still the case. :HaHa I hate when I do that.

How one applies text depends on the drawing program used. I have TM cad and with my text tools apply the lettering to the path of my choice such as the perimeter of the smaller circle. Just select my font, set letter size, click on the profile I wish to follow and type it out in a nice arc. Comes in quite handy. At that point I 'weld' the lettering to the object. Now. In the highly likely event you don't use TM cad let us know what you use and I'm sure someone will chime in with info. In a worst case scenario one must take the letters and individually lay them out and that can be a pain to get precise and takes some time.
RobinHillMachine
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by RobinHillMachine »

I use Corel and have an easy system for wrapping the bottom text. I took a video of me doing this one and can upload the vid if you're interested.

CowRound.dxf

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Julie's the name, DXF is the game. http://robinhillmachine.com
Email DXF@robinhillmachine.com

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”