TD CM 52 THC settings

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

TD CM 52 THC settings

Post by TexasCNC »

What settings are you all using with this cutter? The voltages in the cut charts on manual are high I am cutting 10g and 14g and i get bevel edges. 40 amp standoff tips and proma thc set at 84V on 10G 75psi and 75ipm and for 14g 94V on thc and 150ipm new consuables and still get bevel edges. Air is dry just seeing what others are doing with the cutmaster 52?
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: TD CM 52 THC settings

Post by acourtjester »

There are many things that can cause a bevel edge with plasma cutting just saying you have a bevel cut leaves an open field of causes.
the torch may not be aligned correctly (tip pointing at a slight angle), the air flow may not be straight (crud in the tip, worn tip of electrode).
Torch height the plasma flow is not uniform it has a candle flame shape (inverted) torch to high or low can cause a bevel from top to bottom.
You need to run tests to be sure the voltage you are using with the THC is correct for your setup, in this video a part (about 2.5 minutes in) shows how to find the correct voltage for each metal thickness and speed. Create a chart as you run the tests so you will have what works for your setup.
https://youtu.be/EyZJVMtzKzY
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

Cool let me check squareness on my torch I am using the hand torch and it looks good but could be off. Will the water table make any of happen when the water splashes up to torch when cutting?
TexasCNC
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TexasCNC »

Well I think that did the trick I did some test cuts on some 1/8 bottle openers and man what a difference and I also raised the voltage to 106v from 94v I did one and it was way better but then realized my amp knob was on 55 amps when I was cutting 1/4 and then I lowered it down to 40a cause that’s what I had and they were used had already made a couple of cuts with it. The cuts came out even better. And a little bit of dross but comes off easily. Thanks a lot for the great info
B075C1AA-6ECE-4580-9BA6-8E06C6F74C7C.jpeg
6E39C41B-316B-4C13-97DE-99A33E79E875.jpeg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

plasmanewbie
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Looks great, glad that worked out for you. AC's the man :Like

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”