Tracing vehicles in DesignEdge

Plasmacam software related questions and tips can be posted here
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Tracing vehicles in DesignEdge

Post by DXF »

What is the best method for tracing cars, boats, motorcycles, trucks etc. using DesignEdge? Thanks, I have tried using Imaengine with not real good results so far. I have used the bezier tool in Inkscape and Corel Draw. Here's one I am going to trace and have lots more to trace

Dave Hanks
Attachments
1949 roadster.jpg
plasmanewbie

Re: Tracing vehicles in DesignEdge

Post by plasmanewbie »

Never used Designedge, I am a CorelDRAW, bezier tool kinda guy. I use the node reduction tool when I am done with the bezier to smooth out the curves. I found Imaengine to be pretty impressive and use it all the time for designs I want to scribe but for plasma I go manual trace almost every time.
DXF

Post by DXF »

plasmanewbie wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:21 pm Never used Designedge, I am a CorelDRAW, bezier tool kinda guy. I use the node reduction tool when I am done with the bezier to smooth out the curves. I found Imaengine to be pretty impressive and use it all the time for designs I want to scribe but for plasma I go manual trace almost every time.
Got it.....thanks!

Dave Hanks
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

I use the bulge tool in Design Edge, it's pretty quick! Also I use Paint.NET (getpaint.net/download.html for free download) because I don't have Photoshop but I use the artistic effects of Pen and Pencil Sketch to make different versions of the image to trace and capture all the details. I have several videos showing my process, the 3B Farms sign video on YouTube is a lot of the bulge tool and how I use it. Links to that stuff are in my signature.
DXF

Post by DXF »

rdj357 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:41 am I use the bulge tool in Design Edge, it's pretty quick! Also I use Paint.NET (getpaint.net/download.html for free download) because I don't have Photoshop but I use the artistic effects of Pen and Pencil Sketch to make different versions of the image to trace and capture all the details. I have several videos showing my process, the 3B Farms sign video on YouTube is a lot of the bulge tool and how I use it. Links to that stuff are in my signature.
Thanks! Wow, you have made a lot of instructional videos. I purchased DesignEdge and DHC2 in February and have yet to use it. I am still using Plasma Cam 1.2 to design :mrgreen:
Dave Hanks
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

(Deleted by me)

Return to “Plasmacam - DesignEdge”