Imaengine

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Imaengine

Post by DXF »

Has anyone used this as a phone app or on an Ipad? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPW8jdhI6Wk

Dave Hanks
tnbndr

Re: Imaengine

Post by tnbndr »

Could be interesting
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
Granite
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Granite »

Thanks for sharing that
DXF

Post by DXF »

More tutorials: https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/v ... b&fr=yfp-t

IF anyone can figure out how to download a windows PC version please post. Thanks. I do not have an Iphone or Ipad yet.

Dave Hanks
steel 35
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by steel 35 »

That's pretty neat thanks for sharing; And remember pictures of yourself don't work very well :lol:
PPL HDG 4X8
Hyp 65 duramax's
C&CNC 620-5 Ethernet
Inkscape, Solid Edge, Sheetcam, Autocad 2K
Corel X7 Student NO DXF!
EasyScriber
DXF

Post by DXF »

I finally bought an ipad 9.7" and an ipencil. Walmart has the 32 GB wifi model $80 off. Love it! Here are some pics I saved as svg after I spent very little time playing with them. You can import the svg files into Inkscape and save them as dxf files. This is an excellent tool and does a better job of converting a photo to svg than anything I've used so far.....well worth the $2.99 that the Imaengine app costs. Using layers you can focus different parts of the photo and combine the layers in your finished product. You'll need to download itunes, icloud and drop box on your PC unless there is some other way to move files between the ipad and PC.

Dave Hanks

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DXF

Post by DXF »

Here's another that I created using Imaengine. You can preview the picture on your PC while using your ipad and pencil to create an SVG file.

Dave Hanks

DXF

Post by DXF »

A couple more.....this is cool! You can use this app on your iphone also and send photos to your desktop.

Dave Hanks

DXF

Post by DXF »

This will be my first attempt using layers in Inkscape. Does anyone know if this font is available? I googled this and found more letters separately. The places circled will be made into layers and grouped in Inkscape. All of the files I have created so far are not layered. I traced (8) different pictures yesterday and saved them as SVG and JPEG in Imaengine very easily with the tap of my pencil. Then imported the SVG file into Inscape and exported as a DXF file to cut on my machine. In Inkscape click view-outline to see the DXF file. So now I have SVG, JPEG and DXF files for all (8) pictures. Spent about (10) minutes or less on each one in Imaengine and they came out excellent.....almost cut ready. Imaengine traces them very smooth and crisp. This set-up is amazing and best of all Imaengine and Inkscape are both free.....you'll have to buy the drop box app for $2.99 to download and upload files. Charge your pencil every day......they don't shut off but go into a low power mode when not used. Play around with the sliders a lot.....every picture is different. Haven't had good results tracing cars, trucks and motorcycles so far. I have downloaded some videos for the ipad and if I can figure out how to post the links I will. The ipad doesn't come with a manual so Google is your friend. Does anyone know how to take a picture with the ipad and then upload it to Imaengine? Enjoy! :mrgreen:

Dave Hanks

Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Larry83301 »

Not sure if this font is good enough for what you are workin on but here it is.

https://www.dafont.com/barbed-wires.font
barbed_wires.png

Larry

DXF

Post by DXF »

Thanks Larry, I have that one. These are going to be printed on t-shirts, decals and signs. I'm searching for the rest of the alphabet today.

Dave Hanks
DXF

Post by DXF »

Someone posted this around March or April looking for a trace and I tried using Inkscape and gave up. Here's some quick results from using ipad and Imaengine.

Dave Hanks

DXF

Post by DXF »

Been looking at different apps for the ipad this looks like it might work. Looking at an ipad pro.....I drank the koolaid! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgLoKgMarzg

Dave Hanks
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by cuttinparts »

I am liking the Imaengine app a lot, thanks for the suggestion. It's the best auto conversion for people and faces that I have found for sure.

I have been doing personalized plaques using Imaengine to convert faces to vector and then using my Easyscriber to scribe it on painted steel. This app works really well with NO editing when scribing since I do not have to concern myself with drop outs like i would if it was being plasma cut.Working out great and people love them.

Checked out the vid you linked above Dave but I don't really see any advantage over my CorelDRAW aside from being able to do it on an iPad. If you get it let me know what you think of it please :Like
DXF

Post by DXF »

cuttinparts wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:52 am I am liking the Imaengine app a lot, thanks for the suggestion. It's the best auto conversion for people and faces that I have found for sure.

I have been doing personalized plaques using Imaengine to convert faces to vector and then using my Easyscriber to scribe it on painted steel. This app works really well with NO editing when scribing since I do not have to concern myself with drop outs like i would if it was being plasma cut.Working out great and people love them.

Checked out the vid you linked above Dave but I don't really see any advantage over my CorelDRAW aside from being able to do it on an iPad. If you get it let me know what you think of it please :Like
You're welcome. I have been searching for something like this for a long time. I had CorelDRAW and loved it but she left and took her computer. I really miss CorelDRAW! Been using Photoshop, Inkscape and PlasmaCam 1.2. Probably won't be buying that app soon.....trying to learn DesignEdge, the ipad and my new Hyperterm interface with the PC. I want to use an airscribe on my new machine.....Imaengine would be perfect for what you are doing. Will you post some pics?

Dave Hanks
DXF

Post by DXF »

Trying different pictures.....

Dave Hanks

DXF

Post by DXF »

My great aunt used to say we were related by blood.....my brother had his DNA tested and found out it was true. Nancy Hanks was Abe's mother.

Dave Hanks

DXF

Post by DXF »

The ipad has an excellent camera.....had to use it when my power supply quit on my digital camera. It automatically sends pictures to your PC. You can easily remove what is left of the background and also color in this image with the ipencil in Imaengine.

Dave Hanks

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

You bet! I just left Dave's house. I went there to train him on some aspects of DesignEdge, but quite frankly, I learned more from HIM than he learned from ME! You should arrange to visit his place. Dear God! The metal art is EVERYWHERE! All of it absolutely top notch in quality, and all original designs. Dave, if you are reading this, I am going to contact you about an idea I have concerning selling your stuff. I was completely blown away when I walked into his place. The art pieces hanging on the walls numbered in the hundreds, and I am told that it only represents about 50% of what he has made ... FOR FUN!

I am inspired once again, and moving into Spring of 2020, I am going to tackle this once again and see if I can even come CLOSE to whatDave has already done with his PlasmaCam table.
DXF

Post by DXF »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:44 pm You bet! I just left Dave's house. I went there to train him on some aspects of DesignEdge, but quite frankly, I learned more from HIM than he learned from ME! You should arrange to visit his place. Dear God! The metal art is EVERYWHERE! All of it absolutely top notch in quality, and all original designs. Dave, if you are reading this, I am going to contact you about an idea I have concerning selling your stuff. I was completely blown away when I walked into his place. The art pieces hanging on the walls numbered in the hundreds, and I am told that it only represents about 50% of what he has made ... FOR FUN!

I am inspired once again, and moving into Spring of 2020, I am going to tackle this once again and see if I can even come CLOSE to whatDave has already done with his PlasmaCam table.
Thanks Joe. Coming from a man of your skills and knowledge I take that as a great compliment. This hobby has been the most fun I have ever had without laughing!

Dave Hanks
DXF

Post by DXF »

One more.

Dave Hanks

DXF

Post by DXF »

DXF wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:22 am I finally bought an ipad 9.7" and an ipencil. Walmart has the 32 GB wifi model $80 off. Love it! Here are some pics I saved as svg after I spent very little time playing with them. You can import the svg files into Inkscape and save them as dxf files. This is an excellent tool and does a better job of converting a photo to svg than anything I've used so far.....well worth the $2.99 that dropbox costs.....Imaengine is free. Using layers you can focus different parts of the photo and combine the layers in your finished product. You'll need to download itunes, icloud and drop box on your PC unless there is some other way to move files between the ipad and PC.

Dave Hanks
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Okay ... a quote. And ...

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”