Fajita cooker flat grill

Share, browse, & download dxf, svg, or other vector based designs. If you take be sure to give back.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Fajita cooker flat grill

Post by Ironken »

I planned on using 3/16.
otisa2007
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by otisa2007 »

i build these out of 10ga when designing anything like this i use qcad for the angled top i got the bottom dimension then decided what the top length needed to be and drew them off the centerlines then connect the angle its a crude method but works and i don't have to figure the thickness of the metal knowing that the inside of the metal will meet correctly hope this helps a little
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

otisa2007 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:33 pm i build these out of 10ga when designing anything like this i use qcad for the angled top i got the bottom dimension then decided what the top length needed to be and drew them off the centerlines then connect the angle its a crude method but works and i don't have to figure the thickness of the metal knowing that the inside of the metal will meet correctly hope this helps a little

Thank you. I will take a chop at it your way in Draftsight.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

I found a better solution for myself......try to learn fusion 360. I should be pounding these out in mass quantity in about 2 years after I figure fusion out.......
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

Ironken wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:42 pm I found a better solution for myself......try to learn fusion 360. I should be pounding these out in mass quantity in about 2 years after I figure fusion out.......
:HaHa :HaHa :HaHa Fusion can be tough but there are lots of videos. Every problem/question I have ever had in Fusion had been solved by a quick video I found with a Google search.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Ironken »

Thanks Newbie. I have been aksing the all knowing Googler Fusion questions and just as you said....there is always answer. Pretty cool stuff once you get going on it.
sean_cj7
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sean_cj7 »

What does everyone do to treat the cooking surface. I'm definitely going to try and get one of these together.
otisa2007

Post by otisa2007 »

I treat mine just like castiron get them good and hot rub some oil into them do my cooking and i dont do any cleaning on it till next time i get ready to use it the two i have of my own i haven't had any rust problems do the same with my grill tops they sit out in the weather most of the time i use a scraper to clean them off when i go to use them and some fresh oil so far seems to work
VPT
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by VPT »

Nice flat top! Thanks for the share!

I milled out a flat top to use on a 'spare' grill I had.

Return to “DXF & SVG Plasma Cutting File Sharing Forum”