45xp opinions

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Bunker
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

45xp opinions

Post by Bunker »

Could I please get some feedback from people who are running the 45xp on their tables.Ive orderd a small starter table from Langmuir systems and was wanting to pair it with the 45xp.I can afford the 65 but think the 45xp will be enough but I would rather get the one that will be more reliable.thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 45xp opinions

Post by jimcolt »

The 45XP will cut just fine on the Langmuir machine. Keep in mind that there is no height control on these tables. If you plan to cut materials thinner than 3/16" you can pierce and cut at the same height for decent cut quality. Thicker than 3/16" you will need to manuall set the pierce height (which is higher than the cut height), pierce, then stop and manually set the cut height (.06" off the surface), then start from the previously pierced hole. The Powermax45XP can pierce 1/2" all day automatically if you have a full function (sense the surface location, retract to pierce height, fire the torch and pierce, index to cut height, start x-y motion) height control as most cnc plasma tables do...then the piercing, cutting and height control are automated. If you have any questions feel free to ask! Jim Colt Hypertherm
Springz
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: 45xp opinions

Post by Springz »

Hey there. I actually have the exact same setup with the 45 xp and the langmuir table, seems to do a decent job but I'm entirely new to the cnc side off things and not great with the programming and setup. Using auto desk fusion 360 along side with mach 3... I feel as though I should be getting better cuts than what I've been getting, sometimes I get a cut that leaves my cutout with maybe 10 degrees off of 90(1/4") and sometimes if I cut out a circle I get a slight flat spot in it, like it doesn't give me a perfect circle.. any pointers or advice with what I got and amperage/speed settings for different materials would be much appreciated. Every parameter in the manual gives me speeds at 45A only, or should I just always run at 45 anyways?? Idk these things. Cutting aluminum and steel mostly.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”