finecut sheild

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
waldner33
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

finecut sheild

Post by waldner33 »

hi I need help with my ez cut cnc , when I wanna select fincut 45 amp sheilded 14ga to cut art it is not an option in the handheld pendant ,(that I added from multicam) if I select non shielded it don't work ,for it doesn't cut right , should I make my own 45 a shielded fine cut 14ga parameter or just get a non shielded nozzle? for cutting art and stuff like that, will non shielded be ok? what's the shield for ? will it not just come down touch the tip , or cant it use the tip for auto height? if I need parameters JIM COLT could help me out here, as for my manual it lists only 45 fincut not saying shielded or unshielded , unless it would be the same? I got a 85a powermax with a ezcut cnc 5x10 table, also maybe I could just get the latest powermax parameter file for my machine /plasma cutter . anyhow thanks if anyone can give me advice to make a nicer cut with finecut , the 45a -85a shielded works great. steve waldner I'm new I the plasma world had it for 4 months and love it
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: finecut sheild

Post by jimcolt »

The nozzle for shielded and non shielded Finecuts is the same, the only difference is the shield. Use the 220948 shield for best results. The cut specs are the same for shielded Fine cut, or for nonshielded using the deflector (220955). Jim Colt
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

I always just use the deflector (220965) for most of my finecut projects. I only break out the shield (220948) when cutting very thin sheets and using OHMIC sensing.
waldner33
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by waldner33 »

I did all that still not happy , what parameter would u guys change ? But u prolly shouldn’t have to modify paremters ,
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

When you say it does not cut right, or you are not happy with the cut is not going to help us help you with the cut problem. Describe what is bad about the cut (bad edge angularity, warpage, heavy dross on bottom, top dross, not cutting all the way through, etc. etc.) and pictures of the cuts (up close, in focus) as well as the thickness and type of materials and what cut specs (pierce height, cut height, pierce delay, arc voltage, amperage, consumables, cut speed) you are using. Armed with that info we can get you cutting as your system was designed! Jim Colt Hypertherm
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

jimcolt wrote:When you say it does not cut right, or you are not happy with the cut is not going to help us help you with the cut problem. Describe what is bad about the cut (bad edge angularity, warpage, heavy dross on bottom, top dross, not cutting all the way through, etc. etc.) and pictures of the cuts (up close, in focus) as well as the thickness and type of materials and what cut specs (pierce height, cut height, pierce delay, arc voltage, amperage, consumables, cut speed) you are using. Armed with that info we can get you cutting as your system was designed! Jim Colt Hypertherm

Check his other post for pictures http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.p ... f9#p155760

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”