used powermax 65

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

used powermax 65

Post by hacnwac »

This question is for Jim or anyone with a little more knowledge than me.I have a chance to buy a possibly decent used 65 machine with a machine torch. If the cutter is not hooked up to a table how would person test it to see if its working properly before buying.
Mark
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: used powermax 65

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

If you can burrow a hand torch switch out is really easy. with the machine powered up your machine torch can be fired by jumping post 3 & 4 on the round connector.

Here is the link to the manual (click on the resources tab and download the PDF file - pg 3-19 shows the pin layout):

https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/hypert ... owermax65/
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

You can power it up, supply air, be sure the correct consumables are in the torch and then jumper pins 3 and 4 on the rear panel CPC interface plug....these are the start signal input, the torch should fire assuming power, air and consumables are all correct. If it fires, chances are it is fine. If the seller doesn't want to power it up.....then either offer a lot less money or walk away! Jim Colt Hypertherm
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

Thanks guys. Machine powered up,no fault codes, jumpered pins and torch fired. Now to get it hooked up to my table and see how it compares to my old cutmaster101.
SegoMan DeSigns

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

I forecast Nite & Day difference.
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

I second that.

Allen
michmetalman
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by michmetalman »

hacnwac wrote:Thanks guys. Machine powered up,no fault codes, jumpered pins and torch fired. Now to get it hooked up to my table and see how it compares to my old cutmaster101.
I had a cutmaster before going to a powermax a few years ago. There is no comparison.:)
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

Just a quick update. I cannot believe the difference between the two machines. The old cutmaster treated me very well but the cut on the powermax is exceptional and consumable life alone is going to pay for it in the first year or so. I haven't had time to try the fine cuts yet but the 45 amps are working great from book specs. Now we just have to see about its longevity. The one small disappointment is the power switch being on the back side but if that's the only issue I can live with it.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”