Digitizing Tablets?

For general topics and questions that do not fit into any of the other categories or forums.
trxxx250r
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Digitizing Tablets?

Post by trxxx250r »

Hello, new to the forum, looks great! Planning on setting up a fab shop sometime this summer but am new to many things especially CNC.

Does anyone other than "The Logic Group" manufacture or sell digitizing tablets? When I google it, they are the only ones that come up?

Thanks!
Larry83301
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Digitizing Tablets?

Post by Larry83301 »

Not sure what you did your search with but I found many different ones priced from $20.00 to over $8000.00. I looked around and found mine on sale for about $70.00 ( HUION DWH69 - 5080 lines per inch & WIFI connect) but that was all I needed, you may need more or less in a tablet then me. Check theses out on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/Graphics-Tablets ... 3956500011
You could also check places like NEWEGG, EBAY, BEST BUY, TIGER DIRECT etc.
Be sure to read revues to see what others are saying about the tablet they bought.

Larry
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by abmetal »

I was at Best Buy just today looking at Wacom. Walked out more confused than when I walked in. Not sure if a bumpkin should be messing with one of those or not.

Allen
hsolve
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by hsolve »

I got one, I think it is a GETECO and are available in up to 48" by 48". All depends on what you want to digitize.
trxxx250r
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by trxxx250r »

Thanks for the replies guys! Sorry it took me so long to see it but I didn't have my email notification set properly. I will look into those other tables.
Patclem
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Patclem »

I've been dinking with the mouse doing designs in Inkscape, thinking the same thing - to get a graphics tablet. Since I've never used one, I thought I'd start cheap and work up from there. Lots of them for sale around Nashville on Craigslist and Facebook marketplace. That's where I'll buy if I get a nicer one. For now I think I'm going with the XP-Pen Deco 01 from Amazon. It's not huge money, but the reviewers seem to like it. And it's Inkscape compatible, whatever that means.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Like Patclem says make sure what you want to buy is compatible with the software that you have. I have an old CalComp the predecessor to Logic Group and it looks like it will be a time saver once it is paired to the right software..
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by WyoGreen »

I've got a Monoprice digitizing tablet setting on the corner of my desk just collecting dust. I thought it would be a great help in designing stuff, but I rarely use it. The way I design stuff, it's easier to just use a drawing program and mouse.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
Granite
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Granite »

WyoGreen wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:36 pm I've got a Monoprice digitizing tablet setting on the corner of my desk just collecting dust. I thought it would be a great help in designing stuff, but I rarely use it. The way I design stuff, it's easier to just use a drawing program and mouse.

Steve
Same here. I've have had a Wacom plugged into a USB port on my computer for years. Probably have not used it in 3 years. A mouse seems just as nice for drawing vectors. (Unless you are doing drawings all day, or want to manually trace paper drawings.)

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutters General Forum”