Hypertherm Table with Phoenix Software

General software related questions should be posted here.
MemFor
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Hypertherm Table with Phoenix Software

Post by MemFor »

Hey all, I have a local guy in town that asked me to draw up a file for his hypertherm table running Phoenix *I think*. No problem, export it to dxf as usual then email to him. He called me because the import drawing showed up as just a few lines and 2 curves.

My table is an arclight running sheetcam with mach3 and I have no problems with the file but when he imports to his phoenix software it all goes to hell. Has anyone ran into this? With the phoenix software being so automated I wonder if it is a setting that needs changed, but I do not know the software well enough to diagnose.

Thanks,
Nicholas
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm Table with Phoenix Software

Post by srp »

I don't know how old his system is but I find the dxf ver. should be ver 10 or ver 11 dxf. Might want to check if this is a first time they have tried this. The software does need to have the settings set to accept dxf files. This is set in the config settings. I also use sheetcam and write to the simple Hyperautomation file whick works ok
MemFor
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by MemFor »

Thanks for the reply, from what I can tell after doing research it seems the hypertherm software really doesn't like splines in the dxf and they need to be polylines.
srp
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by srp »

Arcs lines and circles

Return to “General Discussion”