Dragon with flames

Plasma Cutters can be used to make some amazing products & projects. Upload some pictures of projects you've completed using your plasma cutter.
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Dragon with flames

Post by hacnwac »

I did post this pic in the file sharing thanking the original poster for the file but I thought I might as well put it here to. I wish the flame was bigger but good enough for first try and halloween.
Mark
Attachments
dragon with flames 002.JPG
Euclid933
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Dragon with flames

Post by Euclid933 »

Love it.
Would like something similar in my front garden (without the flames) :-)
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

Love it also!!!
I would like to know more about the flame design. Propane, I am assuming but what is the burner end? Is flame continuous or do you have it on some kind of timer to go off intermittently?

Thanks
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

tnbrdr you are correct that it is propane. This is a first try with flames. I just robbed a scrap bbq for tank connection added extra hose and attached a 6 inch long 3/8 pipe and cap to end with a 1/8 hloe drilled in the cap. This was a spur of the moment thing so currently it runs continuous. I would like to get a low voltage solenoid to make it go on and off. The only issue with that is you would either need an igniter (scrap bbq) or as long as the shutoff leaks a little propane past there is a small flame always on at end. I only know this from a couple hours screwing around. I am no expert so this is one of those things they tell you to not try at home. It is fun tho.
Mark
There is a short video clip on my facebook page hacnwac metalworks
techguy
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by techguy »

Very cool! Any way you can share the scaled up version you have done?
hacnwac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by hacnwac »

I will see if I can find it when I get back to the shop. If memory serves I think it is just scaled up 3x what the original poster shared on the file sharing forum. Any of these 3d puzzels can be scaled up or down easily. All you need to do is take the original slot size and multiply or divide it to the size of the material you want to use. Sometimes you have to be careful about strength if you get it to big. I think this one used about 75 sq feet of 1/4 plate and I'm guessing weighs around 700 lbs.

Return to “CNC Plasma Cutter Project Picture Gallery”