Thermal Dynamics 60i

Share and learn with other DIY members who have built their own plasma tables and accessories.
Infernoss
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thermal Dynamics 60i

Post by Infernoss »

I was wondering if anybody has thoughts on the cutmaster 60i? I am going to build a table in the near future but need a hand cutter now. Does this unit need the automation interface card like the 52/82? The manual online says there is optional automation cable. Just want to make sure I can use for the table later. Any help or thoughts on this unit is greatly appreciated
DanM
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Thermal Dynamics 60i

Post by DanM »

Did you get the the 60i? I’m interested in information on that machine as well.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

The "i" stands for (I think) "Interfacer" . It has the internal voltage divider and CPC connector built in but should work fine with a hand torch for hand cutting. The i sereis do not have all of the automation features/options of the Hypertherm 45Xp thru 125 series but at least you don't have to perform Open Plasma Surgery to use with basic CNC controls.
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Brand X »

Looks like there is a optional voltage card setup.(AUTOMATION INTERFACE (A-SERIES ONLY) From what I seen in the manual, there is a arc good signal, contactor inside the machine, and says it's a option for basic cnc. (Never seen the machine in person, so just going by net info..)

Problem is, they are giving you a upgraded power supply, and a 15-16 plus year old torch design..Only hope for them is the torch from Thermacut. It should be released anytime now..They have a work around for the Thermal ATC connection.Their nozzle design is excellent, and will supercharge the 60i.. That or something in new consumables from Victor.. (There is a new 9-8214 electrode out now) :roll: I held on to my SL-100-SV torch in case Victor ever gets a clue..

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13078 ... r-60i.html
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Sorry had a brain cramp. I was thinking of the TD "A" series (for automation) that has the built in interface. You can buy the interface on later models. When Victor took over R & D went out the window.

Return to “DIY Plasma Table & Accessory Discussion Forum”