Problems cutting 3/4 plate mild steel on Durma laser

Cut quality issues can be discussed here, most common issues have been discussed here and should help you.
EASYBAGG3R
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Problems cutting 3/4 plate mild steel on Durma laser

Post by EASYBAGG3R »

im running a Durma HD-F 3015 Laser i am new to this machine, been running a Flow Water Jet for years. Problem is material puddles on the bottom and welds the part on the bottom then having to hammer them out. tried focus, gas pressure, laser power and speed but still cant get a nice cut. anyone familiar with this machine that knows settings that work or anything that would help.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Problems cutting 3/4 plate mild steel on Durma laser

Post by Rodw »

None of the commercial laser cutters I buy parts from cut past 16mm thick plate and you are trying to cut 19mm plate. Are you sure that this is within the machine specifications?

For thicker material, we get it cut with high def plasma or flame cut (we don't need to go past 32mm)
EASYBAGG3R
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Problems cutting 3/4 plate mild steel on Durma laser

Post by EASYBAGG3R »

we were told by the manufacturer the it would cut 1" plate but wouldn't have a smooth cut. said the 3/4" would be no problem but...1/2" plate cut great. i use a 1.5 mm nozzle to cut the 1/2" plate and the machine recommends 4mm for the 3/4" plate seems like a big jump for 1/4 of an inch.

Return to “Plasma Cut Quality Forum”