hypertherm 1000

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
lewi444
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

hypertherm 1000

Post by lewi444 »

I am running a 4x8 dyna cnc with hypertherm 1000 mock 3 and sheetcam. i have had this from time to time when the torch will fire and cut but on 3rd or 4th pierce it will not fire.Sometimes I can turn torch off then back on and it will fire but not allways. Air presure is good,new consumables,dry air,grounded. I have got some burnt spots on the flat end of my electrode not the tip the flat end that goes in torch first. when i first got the torch it did this and would not fire at all. I removed the cover tightend all connections good to go not now. Anyone have any ideas what could be the problem? Like allways you all are great.[still can't spell sorry] thanks lewi444!!!!!!
dreamer
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: hypertherm 1000

Post by dreamer »

I had the same problem and was told by a hypertherm tech that the torchhead was wore out so I got a new torchhead put it in fixed the problem for me.............Harold
lewi444

Re: hypertherm 1000

Post by lewi444 »

Thanks dreamer for your info! I also talked with hypertherm teck. He also said torch may be wore out. He also said the plunger in the body may have some wires rubbing on it not letting it work properly letting it make good contact with flat end of electrod the end that goes in torch first. Thats what I had bad conection witch arced and made little burnt spots on flat part of electrod and plunger. I got the other wires off of the plunger wires sanded the plunger put in new electrod and went to cutting. Thanks dreamer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”