Scribe for FastCut Elite

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Scribe for FastCut Elite

Post by allan101 »

Has anyone put a scribe on a FastCut ?I have some projects in mind and would like some guidance
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Scribe for FastCut Elite

Post by allan101 »

I guess not, as no response
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

I think what the problem is that no one here has much knowledge of the current FastCut system. Their current website does not show what control software they currently use, It used to use MACH3 and maybe even SheetCAM but that was 5 years ago and it may well have changed. So unless someone has that model and has looked into doing a plate marker the only source you may have is the factory. Then again maybe there are bunches of owners out there that just want to see you struggle :o (Just being sarcastic).
jaywjnt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jaywjnt »

I just bought a table from them in April and they still use sheetcam and mach3. I imagine if you contacted FastCut Jordan could help you out.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

jaywjnt wrote:I just bought a table from them in April and they still use sheetcam and mach3. I imagine if you contacted FastCut Jordan could help you out.
Did you get any documentation or manuals? Do they have any external switched outlets to use to turn on external loads? Does you new unit still use the PC parallel portor have they switched to an Ethernet interface?

Its pretty easy in MACH to figure out how to turn on an output if they have provided any aux switched outlets on the box. Then in HSeetCAM just get a MACH post that has a scriber option. It supports the scriber offsets and switches the outputs to the M7 and M9 . The rest is mechanical.
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by allan101 »

it does use Sheetcam and Mach3
It uses parallel port. I am pretty sure they don't have aux switched outlets that I can see. Not sure how to add, if I can external output switches Maybe only way would be to upgrade controller.
Last edited by allan101 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

It gets more complex if they did not provide any output relays....even to do simple routing. It then gets down to their Breakout Board and if there is any way to get an output and maybe drive a solid state relay or find a card that has opto inputs for the relay. You need one relay that will handle several amps and the coil voltage of the air solenoid. You can do it all with one output and one solenoid. Put two regulators and plumb the air so it extends the air cylinder and also feeds the pneumatic scriber. Most of it is mechanical. You can get some MACH POSTS for plasma with Scriber that will apply the scriber offsets, and switch the output to M07 . The trick is you have to get your Breakout wire so its got a second output and you assing it to use m07.M09 for on/off. Their earlier control boxes had two aux switched AC outlets but their redesign of those may not have had that feature.

You MIGHT could add a second Parallel Port card in your PC and get a second Breakout Board that DOES have at least one relay. Mach can be configured to have two parallel ports and you can use the second for more inputs and up to 4 more outputs. A lot of single port BoB's have at least one relay so it can be assigned on Port2 pin 1 or pins 14 16 or 17.
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by allan101 »

I am thinking a second parallel port might be easier for me. I have no Idea where to start looking for a breakout wire.Where would I purchase this Bob? Is there a specific name it is called or is breakout board what I ask for? And would it be better to have a Bob with more than one relay? Thanks for the info and help
jaywjnt
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by jaywjnt »

I did get an electronic copy of the manual installed on the computer that came with the system yes, as for the rest I honestly don't know.
allan101
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by allan101 »

I have the e-manual as well but it does not show any wiring diagrams

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”