Setting steps per and Mach3 issue.

Mach3 and Mach4 questions, tips and topics can be posted here
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Setting steps per and Mach3 issue.

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Hi all.

I have been resoundingly quiet over the past 12 months due to having to move interstate and packing up the workshop into storage until I found a place to set back up again. Oh which I have found a workshop. Its a pretty good deal and now it looks like I am back to setting up the table from sxratch again.

I had big issues with my last z axis locking up at random. I put it down to poor design choice with an acme thread in a delrin nut doing the job of moving the torch. I am pretty sure that with the plasma dust from before I put water in the table, to when I splashed some water around it had cauaed it to sieze. Anyways long story short, I invested in a Velox CNC 4.5in z axis. Gorgeous!!!

And now it leads to the next few questions. And because I get confused and muddled when I try and explain what is happening after I leave the workshop, I took a video while the problems were happening.

Please view the video and let me know what you think.

https://youtu.be/la1yoJcflVc
Home built 3400 x 1400mm (11 and a bit X a bit over 4.5 feet)
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Some air dryer off the internet
Another water seperator I found unused on a shelf
Refrigerated air dryer
BensPlasmaAu
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Setting steps per and Mach3 issue.

Post by BensPlasmaAu »

Just thought, do i have to change the steps in both the Mach3 tuning screen and the bus program? Maybe? And now i think that changing the steps per in the motor tuning on its own should be ok. Ughh perhaps I'm just confusing myself more...........
Home built 3400 x 1400mm (11 and a bit X a bit over 4.5 feet)
Hypertherm Powermax 45
CandCNC Bladerunner IV
Some air dryer off the internet
Another water seperator I found unused on a shelf
Refrigerated air dryer
motoguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Setting steps per and Mach3 issue.

Post by motoguy »

BensPlasmaAu wrote:Just thought, do i have to change the steps in both the Mach3 tuning screen and the bus program? Maybe? And now i think that changing the steps per in the motor tuning on its own should be ok. Ughh perhaps I'm just confusing myself more...........
Steps in the Mach tuning screen need to be the same as steps in the HUB Admin screen (CandCNC stuff).
Bulltear 6x12 w/ Proton Z axis & watertable
CommandCNC/Linux w/ Ohmic & HyT options
Hypertherm Powermax 85 w/ machine torch
Solidworks, Coreldraw X7, Inkscape, Sheetcam

Return to “Mach3 & Mach4 CNC”