SheetCAM issues or me screwing things up?

SheetCam related questions and tips can be posted here
Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

SheetCAM issues or me screwing things up?

Post by Simko »

I posted this topic on the SheetCAM forum, but I figured I would post it here also to see if anyone else has run into these issues.

I seem to have it figured out how to go from QCAD or Inkscape to SheetCAM to ConnandCNC, but I have found two nagging issues:

1) I am using the toolset file from CandCNC (45-105 +codes). All of the tools seem to wok fine (at least the ones that I have tried), but whenever I go to the top of the screen Tools -> Tool Table, it crashes SheetCAM and closes. It will crash every time I try to to go into the tool table. Any ideas?

2) Some files that I import into SheetCAM become invisible when I click the icon that looks like four arrows (nesting). This does not happen all of the time and I haven't exactly figured out what may be causing it. Normally, the drawing will turn white and I can reposition the drawing on the sheet while in nesting mode, and then switch back to the arrow icon (scroll screen) to set the operation. I have found that while the drawing is invisible, it can actually be moved, but you can't see what you are doing. Once I switch back to the arrow icon, it shows back up as yellow and red where it was moved to while it was invisible.

Any ideas of what may be causing this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Steve

Homebrewed plasma table in the works, NSK linear rails, 3.2:1 belt reduction, CandCNC Plazpak 1A with DTHCIV Ethercut, Hypertherm 85, CommandCNC and SheetCAM
Click here for build post
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: SheetCAM issues or me screwing things up?

Post by acourtjester »

It sounds like you have a corrupted SheetCam what is the version you are running mine is 6.1.27 I think the last auto download was about 2 weeks ago.
I would save you license and download a new copy and re-install you license.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

I answered this one on the SheetCam forum but here's a copy
1) I am using the toolset file from CandCNC. All of the tools seem to wok fine (at least the ones that I have tried), but whenever I go to the top of the screen Tools -> Tool Table, it crashes SheetCAM and closes.
I have had a couple of reports of this issue in the Linux version. I will run some more tests and try to find out what is going on. You should still be able to use the tools window to edit your tools.

2) Some files that I import into SheetCAM become invisible when I click the icon that looks like four arrows (nesting). This does not happen all of the time and I haven't exactly figured out what may be causing it. Normally, the drawing will turn white and I can reposition the drawing on the sheet while in nesting mode, and then switch back to the arrow icon (scroll screen) to set the operation.
I have also had a couple of reports of this one as well. I am having trouble replicating the fault here which makes it difficult to figure out what is going on. Do you have any tool paths set up on those problem drawings?
Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Simko »

Yes... I am able to make changes to the tools using the tool window.

I guess I was just curious if it is a bug in the software or if there was some corruption on my computer / hard drive. Since it is a known 'bug', I feel better that there is no issue with my system.

I will attach a copy of one of the drawings that is invisible while in nesting mode when I get home tonight.
Steve

Homebrewed plasma table in the works, NSK linear rails, 3.2:1 belt reduction, CandCNC Plazpak 1A with DTHCIV Ethercut, Hypertherm 85, CommandCNC and SheetCAM
exapprentice
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by exapprentice »

Hi Steve

Really looking forward to seeing something invisible :lol:
Best Regards to all
Exapprentice :D
(Pete)
10'x5' DIY table / PM 45XP + M/C Torch - Trying to add 4 axis Tube cutting :(
Linux/CommandCandCNC MP3600 / PN200 / DCP-01 / PWM
Solid Edge, Inkscape, SheetCam, Scananything & Andonstar USB Microscope
Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Simko »

exapprentice wrote:Hi Steve

Really looking forward to seeing something invisible :lol:
LOL... I didn't get home from work until late last night. Hopefully I will get out to the bunker tonight or tomorrow night. :mrgreen:
Steve

Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Simko »

I finally got some time to go play in the bunker and work on the table...

I loaded up the file that was doing the invisible thing and now I can't get it to do it. I must have reloaded it 15 times and it is working fine now. :?:

Sorry folks, no disappearing DXF today. :lol:

The tool table still crashes SheetCAM though.
Steve

Les Newell
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Les Newell »

I'm pretty sure I have found the problem. I will be updating the Windows versions but I'm afaraid the Linux version will have to wait a bit until I have figured out how to generate a more reliable installer.
Simko
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Simko »

No worries Les... It is working for what I need it to do.

Great program and great support.

Thanks!
Steve

Return to “SheetCam”