New Member- Intro

New to PlasmaSpider? Introduce yourself to the community and tell us a little about you.
stompjrkz400
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

New Member- Intro

Post by stompjrkz400 »

Hey everyone, very excited to find this forum! Looks like a look of great people and ideas. I just purchased a torchmate 2 table with height control and a TD Cutmaster 82. I'm finishing up the fab on the watertable right now and hope to be up and running in a few weeks.

Im hoping to learn more about table setup, perfecting my cuts and working with the metal, im currently a union sheet metal apprentice & love the line of work. I currently run a 5x10 vicon system at work, and although great for hvac and general fab im hoping that my torchmate table has better luck cutting artwork.

I have lot of questions but ill save them for another time. Thanks!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New Member- Intro

Post by acourtjester »

Welcome aboard
Others with the same equipment here can answer questions on the finer details when they come up.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

welcome to the forum. This is an awesome place for sure. Very helpful people who share some incredible stuff.

I've been running a Torchmate for quite a few years and really like it. Great choice.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
stompjrkz400
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by stompjrkz400 »

Gamelord wrote:welcome to the forum. This is an awesome place for sure. Very helpful people who share some incredible stuff.

I've been running a Torchmate for quite a few years and really like it. Great choice.

how happy are you with your TD plasma? everyone so far has told me i made a mistake getting a cutmaster instead of a hypertherm, but my table came with an sl100 torch, and i really didn't want to buy a new one
little blue choo
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by little blue choo »

WELCOME
Rick
Arclight 9600 4x8 table
Hypertherm PM65
Acc. Plate Marker, 4 inch Pipe Cutter, Wood Router package
Quincy Q54 compressor 2 stage, 5hp, 60 gal
Refrigerated air dryer & 4 stage filtration system
Software Mach 3, Sheetcam, Solid Edge 2D, Inkscape
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I am very happy with my TD plasma, it has thus far been ultra dependable and cuts very well. I really can't say anything bad about it at all. Consumable life seems to be pretty good and I really haven't had to do any maintenance to it or the torch other than blow it out with air every two weeks and replace the outer shield on the torch about once a month(ish). I could probably run it a little longer but its cheap and ruining the metal would cost more than the shield.

It has been great.

Two things I want to add. I have had the opportunity to use a Hypertherm Powermax 85 on another table quite a few times now helping out another shop. The consumable life on that one seems to be a bit better, cuts tend to be a little better on angularity and smoothness and overall it just seems to run a little smoother. When it fires it sounds a lot stronger than my TD which is kinda cool but really doesn't seem to be any difference in the piercing.

The second is the efort Jim has put in on this forum and the support of the Hypertherm really impresses me. On support, I have never had to contact Hypertherm or Thermal Dynamics so can't really comment on which one is better or more preferred.

BUT....
I believe my next plasma will be a Hypertherm.

Personally I don't think anyone could go wrong with either one. It's kind of like choosing between the red Ferrari or the blue one. For me, the Hypertherm seems to be just a tick above.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
grandpa
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by grandpa »

Hi nice to see someone with the same combination as mine .i just posted a questions looking for help. nothing but trouble. email me potter@sasktel.net
would love to talk to you.
Mr Patches
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Mr Patches »

Welcome! Were running the same TD setups. Im a newb as well.. still need to join the site officially though.. Anyway this place rocks! So much info in here its almosy overwhelming!
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Welcome!
TM 3 and TD Cutmaster 101 with SL100 machine torch served me well. Never had a problem.
greggomc
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by greggomc »

Welcome, this is the best site with the best people.
Tiny
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Tiny »

I'm new and it looks like a good place to come to for help thanks for having me

Return to “Introduce Yourself”