Sheetcam or Mach skipping code on plate marker

Questions, information, project pics and more relating to plate markers, engravers, and scribes.
wlockwood23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Sheetcam or Mach skipping code on plate marker

Post by wlockwood23 »

I have been working on dialing in my plate marker. I bought the table used and this option was on it. I find it very intriguing on the possibilities but the 3 or 4 different programs I've ran, all have left lines unfinished. I've tried to un-polyline things, leaving a very very small opening so it not a fully closed object and nothing seems to work. The pieces are coming out pretty solid but it's not 100%. When loaded into Sheetcam and my tool is picked, all the paths are there and looks like it's going to do what's needed, but after about 15 different runs, none have been right. Please, maybe someone has some input??? Thanks.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

wlockwood23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Sheetcam or Mach skipping code on plate marker

Post by wlockwood23 »

Other pics

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

comeoutswingin
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by comeoutswingin »

My LDR does this, only the very first line in any program. It doesnt matter if that line is 10 feet long it will only get about 1" of it.. I've worked around it by just adding an extremely small scribe point and making sure it is sequenced as the first. It never marks it because the table/code whatever moves too fast for it to get it..
5x10 LDR
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tnbndr »

My LDR does this, only the very first line in any program. It doesnt matter if that line is 10 feet long it will only get about 1" of it.. I've worked around it by just adding an extremely small scribe point and making sure it is sequenced as the first. It never marks it because the table/code whatever moves too fast for it to get it..
They have not solved this issue yet? I did not do the last update because Dan had told me about this issue but that was months ago.

OP, have you played with the air pressure for the scribe? Does it actually scribe through the missed parts but not mark the plate or does it stop, rise and start somewhere else?
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com
wlockwood23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by wlockwood23 »

It does not scribe through. It acts like it ran its code, picks up and goes on. That's what I can't understand. On sheet can everything looks right, Everything is closed up and and shows the tool path covering it but when its ran, it's obviously not doing it.
comeoutswingin

Post by comeoutswingin »

tnbndr wrote:
They have not solved this issue yet? I did not do the last update because Dan had told me about this issue but that was months ago.

OP, have you played with the air pressure for the scribe? Does it actually scribe through the missed parts but not mark the plate or does it stop, rise and start somewhere else?

No, its still there.. My machine has tons of little quirks and issues that pop at random and I can't nail down what exactly is causing it because its totally random. So i feel like calling and trying to get help is a waste of everyone's time as I can't duplicate it on command.

Anyway does it only miss at the beginning or does it skip mid scribe? if it's skipping mid scribe is the scribe just shutting off and dragging or is the air cylinder rising?
5x10 LDR
wlockwood23
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by wlockwood23 »

It's not skipping. It's running from start to stop, just not completing the design. I went through yesterday and moved all the start points thinking it might help but no luck. I guess I'll need to look at some code and see if it is a Sheetcam issue or something else.
comeoutswingin

Post by comeoutswingin »

I would think to look into the air solenoid that supplies the scribe with air to be a faulty item.. perhaps intermittent electrical continuity cause it to skip..
if you fire the scribe will it just run until you turn it off? If it skips when the table is not moving and just running the scribe, test the power outlet the scribe is plugged into.. if its getting intermittent power at the plug there's a problem in the control box..
5x10 LDR
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

What SheetCAM Post are you using? Also you can run simulation in MACH and see if it actually makes the moves and it turns on the output to fire the air. It takes an M07 to turn the scriber on and an M09 to turn it off. If you have to put MACH in single step mode and with the air off run though a pattern one lin eof code at a time and see what it does. If it fails to fire the air note the line of code .
dhelfter
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by dhelfter »

We now have a post that fixes this problem. Please email as a reminder and I will send it to anyone that needs it along with directions to install. Thanks for your patience.

Dan
Ldr motion system
Dhelfter@ldrmotionsystems.com

Return to “Plate Markers, & Air Scribes”