Saving a DXF

Corel Draw Graphics Suite related questions and tips can be posted here
teachag
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Saving a DXF

Post by teachag »

I just got Corel Draw Graphics Suite. I have found it useful to clean up DXF files and to convert files to DXF format. They look great in Corel. That said,when I try to open a DXF file that I save in Corel in one of my other programs such as QuickDraw or Enrout 5, the image does not show up. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Saving a DXF

Post by tcaudle »

You need to pick a LOT older DXF version to export. A lot of programs won't import polylines If any of your other programs will take any other file format (like SVG) then try that. I had to use AutoCAD rev 9 export option to make some things show up in a PCB layout program that uses DXF. If you have Coreldraw keep your master drawing in CDR format *if you save as rev 14 (X4) or sooner you can open them directly in Inkscape and move them as an SVG with all the arcs and stuff intact. The DXF import and export in Corel has never been real great. there is a lot of great and cheap vector clipart in AI or EPS format that CorelDraw will bring in with no problem and export in SVG and you never have to deal with the oddities of DXF and versions
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Saving a DXF

Post by Gamelord »

Save your file as a .cdr so you can easily edit it later if needed. EXPORT your file as a .dxf using the advice that tcaudle gave and you should be fine.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD

Return to “Corel Draw Graphics Suite”